Also another time, could someone help?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Ksgrip, March 7, 2015.

1. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

I have no idea how to upload a mod to pamm, even if it is sort of wxplained I don´t feel confotable with how it is done. Could anyone help in that matter? I have the files in so i would be just that someones explain me how to do so.
    Thanks to everyone:))
  2. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Step 1:
    Validate it works locally.
    Stick the mod into the mods/server_mods folder (where appropriate) and activate with PAMM to make sure it works fine.

Step 2:
    Upload to Github
    if you don't have an account, you can sign up for one on github.com
    If you are using windows, you'll probably want to get the github for windows program. You can find plenty of tutorials on how to use it, or post again if you need specific help for that.
    ex. https://github.com/lrolleman/AMD-brightness-fix this is the github repo for the AMD brightness fix mod.

Step 3:
    Create a "release" with the mod. When you enter the mod repository on github.com, click on the tab that says "releases" and click the button that says "create new release" or "draft new release" or something along those lines.
    add a tag (v1.0 for example) and optional description.
    once the release is created, you'll see a button called "source cod (.xip)", right click on this and select copy address
    go to https://pamm-mereth.rhcloud.com/mod and paste the link into the field that shows up and press enter
    if everything in the preview looks like you think it should, click publish. Voila

If you need any further detail, feel free to ask.
    Last edited: March 7, 2015
    Ksgrip likes this.
  3. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Thanks mate:))
    I will try it tomorrow