Alright Uber, What're Ya Doin'

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stuart98, September 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Especially when they keep on hyping up stuff that people don't want as much as other stuff.

If they hyped up and then released offline, server, asteroids, or the unit cannon? That'd probably work. But instead they've hyped up the deathstar and then steam cards.
  2. brianpurkiss

3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Well once the server is done they'll surely hype that as well. At least I would assume that.

@BradNicholson should answer to the guy who wrote "you dont bother reading this" with a "Yes we do, we care and we are working hard, sorry for the delay" or something.
    reptarking and cptconundrum like this.
  4. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Y
    Ya, most of those people are ungrateful for all teh hard work Uber is trying to do to get a great working offline mode.

Morons cant even see that it takes YEARS to get a game working idealy for the average person.
    cptconundrum and Bsport like this.
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

There's an unfortunate natural perception that any work into any other features automatically means less work and/or a delay to features people are asking for. But due to developer skill sets and simply the "too many cooks" issue, this is not necessarily the case. But unless a person already trusts you, this perception is almost impossible to change, since without trust no amount of "we are still working on it" will change their view.

To me, it's seems like a choice between getting those features now, and the server later, or no patch now, and the server later (at the same time as it would have been anyway).
    squishypon3 and cptconundrum like this.
  6. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

7. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

How is 1 thread on the forums, 1 reddit about the new build hype? its patch notes with a introduction paragraph, what so you now saying they shouldn't tell anyone about a new build, BUT hold up!!, isnt this very thread about asking for more communication so you want patch notes or you don't. you couldnt make it up.

Or is it you consider a single introduction paragraph hype?
    cptconundrum likes this.
  8. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

I like the torrent of negative comments on the Kickstarter update page.

That's not because I have a massive case of schadenfreude, but because I feel that Uber have basically dismissed the forum crowd as a source of valid input apart from praise or basic technical issues. Perhaps harsh and unfiltered feedback "at the source" (i.e.: Kickstarter) gets them thinking.

Not that I'm getting any hopes up or anything.
    cmdandy, ace63 and brianpurkiss like this.
  9. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

Agreed, its like asking 30 people to try and make a cup of tea, at the exact same time in the exact same cup.
  10. brianpurkiss

I understand that, but like you said, many other people don't.

Which is one of the many reasons why Uber should communicate more. Tell us what's coming and the like.

This three day hype thing when so many features are missing only leads to anger and disappointment whenever updates come out. As someone said earlier, can't please everyone.

Once Uber comes out with all of the initial features, then the three day hype thing could work real well. But when they work to hype up something, and it's not one of the many different things that people are wanting, it just pisses people off.

As with most of the things you say, I'm not exactly what your point is. Are you not reading everything I said or are you just ignoring the part about the death star release as well? Also your attempt to put words in my mouth is completely and 100% off base. You can't just focus on one thing and ignore everything else.

Yes, this thread is asking for more communication. However, the past two threads about asking for more communication were locked because mentioning brad in passing in a negative way constitutes a personal attack and talking about lack of communication regarding PA is somehow not PA related.

With this thread slowly turning into frustration about Uber's releases and how Uber should communicate more, I'm expecting a bradlock incoming. Uber doesn't like people questioning them and shut down discussion and ban people who talk bad about them.

And we're starting to get way off topic here...
  11. brianpurkiss

Doubt it. Since steam, kickstarter, reddit, and reviews across most every website echo the same sentiment.
  12. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you there brianpurkiss about the whole 3 day hype wagon. It just pisses ppl off more when its not one of the major things thats missing from the game.
  13. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Quantity is not a factor when determining if something is Hype or not. It's more so about what and how something is said.

Also consider that overall UBer has been very quiet lately, so sure, the Suprises were only communicated to us once, but when that's the majority of the communication being sent out over the last week its the kind of thing that gets latched on to.

Part of the overall problem is that Uber has some pretty big issues that need attention and seemingly ignoring those in favor of trying to hype up Achievements doesn't look all that great from an outside perspective.

Mike
  14. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Some days you seem to be upset at the schedule Uber is using, but other times you say you understand it but you are upset that they haven't explained it. They have certainly explained to all of us here why they do things this way. Is your only problem with Uber just that they haven't always explained things well enough to other people?

Sometimes I'm never what your point is either.

Posts like this one are a large part of why Uber has stopped getting as involved with the community as they used to be.
  15. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

I can't believe they have wasted precious development time on Steam trading cards/achievements when there are so many other important things they could focus on!!!
  16. cptconundrum

I think they did it because it didn't take too much work and the community was pretty vocal in asking for it. If they hadn't delivered steam achievements, some of the same people complaining here would have just been complaining about not having them. A lot of these complainers really enjoy being angry.
    mishtakashi and cdrkf like this.
  17. trialq

trialq Post Master General

To be fair, deathstar is hype-worthy.
  18. cptconundrum

Annihilaser is one of the coolest features in this game and certainly deserves the hype. It just wasn't the pet feature of any of these very vocal people so they are using it as yet another way to complain about the game and the company.
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

I think my point was very clear, i just don't think you very good at listening, but i'll make it simple for you...
    • Patch notes equals Communication
    • Patch notes not equals hype 1
    Ok lets break down you quote,

This bit here you talk about hype. Now I don't think, as you've implied by past comments that these patch notes constitute hype 1, they are considered communication, something this thread (see title) is attempting to prompt.

Who's to say they won't? and the steam model they are following would imply they will, We'll find out won't we.

The deathstar was hyped up, new trailer was released and we had a live stream see 1

But again how was steam cards hyped?, i think thats a reasonable question to ask, because you believe patch notes constitute hype.

@KNight please find below a definition of hype

1 - Hype would be considered when a content patch has its own name, an example of this would be the "planetary annihilation gamma" build, social features were added to the game, this release was hyped, steam advertising was changed and a live stream happened. This i consider the very definition of hype.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  20. brianpurkiss

Yeah, because Uber can't take constructive criticism. That's a problem with Uber, not a problem with the community.

As far as overall gameplay goes and game critical features, there are many additions to the game that are much more important than the annihilaser. The annihilaser just looks great in the trailer.
    Planktum likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.