ALPHA ROLLOUT STATUS

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, June 1, 2013.

1. northbehemoth

northbehemoth New Member

The alpha started, a few days ago, they said it would start on the 7th of June, which means they are ahead of schedule. Followed by they at no point in time, promised to give you an alpha key by that date. They said it starts that date and will continue until August. Which means you can demand all you want but you won't get anything. If you payed for alpha you will get an alpha key before the end of alpha.
  2. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

I was beginning to feel like I've been acting entitled / impatient, but I felt a little better when I noticed I'm not that guy :lol:
  3. northbehemoth

northbehemoth New Member

I will be assuming he is just a very little child, or some one whom is foreign to the language of English. Everyone is entitled to answers and stuff from the company but whining and crying on the forums where everyone is waiting, is what I deem pathetic. Grow up and act mature or leave. :twisted:
  4. lionheart2092

lionheart2092 New Member

well if thats the case then ill get a refund anyway :) i really dont care its a game theres an entire world outside and a million other games out there to. if i pay $90 i expect ******* pin point accuracy and not "ok well start today but you might not get it for a month... sucks to be you" especially from guys whove had success with more than one game. i remember when ultima online released alpha and they sent it you for free on a damn disc in packaging to thats what an alpha is us doing the dev a favour not the other way around. they say all the time its not a finished game and that its an alpha they never said once that keys might not be sent out on the day of alpha release so yeah
  5. borkyborkbork

borkyborkbork New Member

Nope not a child... it's a grumpy old man.
  6. riisos

riisos New Member

Hey, hey, just curious, any Uber-store people getting keys yet? I'm doing my Planetary Annihilation dance. My grandfather was a medicine man so you may all want to go buy some duct-tape in case I do it too hard.
  7. Zoughtbaj

Zoughtbaj Member

[Darth Vader Voice]
    I find your lack of understanding disturbing
    [/Darth Vader Voice]
  8. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

Cool down buddy, they're maxing out on key rates (1000ph). You'll get your key. A few hours isn't that much.
  9. Seiniyta

Seiniyta New Member

I can perfectly understand his frustration. No key here yet either and which is starting to get really frustrating. Even if the game is super buggy now (as I expect it to be). Especially since a lot of people have been waiting over a week with the promise that "last minute issues" would be resolved. His response was a bit extreme perhaps (I don't think he's going to cancel anyway to be honest).

I think it's just the lack of a proper transparancy from the dev's side that annoys people. only hearing it from other people who did in fact get a key. I am patient but it would be nice to know when the last kickstarter/pre-order keys should have been issued. (and that in a seperate update thread from the devs and not in a topic with 150 pages where people have to search).
  10. borkyborkbork

borkyborkbork New Member

I think the developers are spending most of their time developing right now. All correspondence to us is in between sessions of coding. I'd rather have them code than tell me how many more minutes till they are done coding.
  11. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Seriously - these kind of guys are why I sometimes hate the internet :lol:
  12. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

+1
  13. lionheart2092

lionheart2092 New Member

its not frustration at all im just saying what i demand from paying so much for a damn alpha from guys who have experience with this so i expect better than "oh yeah youll get it when you get it"
  14. northbehemoth

northbehemoth New Member

I will wish you well, and request you stop posting. You are being just toxic and really making yourself look like some words I will refrain from using. Perhaps going back to ultima online should be your course of action. Go read the terms, you are going to be very disappointed I promise.

Everyone should keep in mind, the dev's are not just handing out keys. They are still working on the game diligently and working to fix any bugs which will be uncovered during the alpha. 1 drop does not make the ocean, nor does it stand out from the waves crashing on the shore. He can do what ever he likes however I doubt the dev's will respond to very empty threats. :p
    Last edited: June 7, 2013
  15. riisos

riisos New Member

Shameless bump because I want to know how the rollout is going.
  16. teradyn

teradyn Member

They don't have a publisher to handle the PR, and while that may make things a little rocky, the quality of product it will result in makes it worth it. Posting things like lionheart2092 really irritates me.

It is perfectly valid to be disappointed that the keys didn't all go out last week like we expected. Software is not easy. They are doing some innovative things here and aren't just plugging into some pre-built engine like so many other games. This means S*$# happens and delays occur. Nothing Uber has done indicates to me that they have anything but the utmost desire to get us our keys as soon as possible.

Uber, please don't take idiotic, childish posts like his to represent the majority of us.
  17. crseth

crseth Member

I bought alpha from uber store in Feb. Still waiting as I imagine most people thay bought from the store are
  18. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

What you demand, is pretty much irrelevant.

What you payed for, was access to the alpha.

You will get access to the alpha, it might not be in the next 5 minutes, but that is also irrelevant.

I'm quite sure the dev's are cranking the codes out as fast as they can.

Everyone (including me) needs to calm down and realise that there's more to life than a key to the PA Alpha.

NOW WHERE'S MY KEY DAMMMIT!!!!!! ARRRGH* **

*kidding
    **honest :)
  19. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

We really do need an update about people who upgraded on the Store.

I know it's only like what nearly 2PM in PDT but I'm getting doubtful I will get my Alpha key now :(
  20. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member