ALPHA ROLLOUT STATUS

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, June 1, 2013.

1. D3adm0nk3y

D3adm0nk3y Member

It's 7:49 for them actually...
  2. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

A bit late to be releasing keys, even at 7.
  3. carryableyarn

carryableyarn Active Member

"We will be sending out another batch tonight hopefully, and if all goes well, the final keys should hit mailboxes tomorrow!"
    That was in the Kickstarter update about 4 hours ago.
    How long it takes to gen and send out a ton of keys, I know not.
    I'm not expecting a key, but hoping.
  4. white22angel

white22angel New Member

im hoping they give out the keys tonight im really looking forward to playing it
  5. theseeker2

Whatever their methods for generating keys, it's probably not as efficient as those companies who crank out millions of CD keys.
  6. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

It is not about "generating" keys, rather stress testing the uber servers...
    So they released 1000 keys today, means they have 1000 people downloading the client and then testing it, that is a lot of bandwidth they need to cover... or would you like that everyone gets their alpha keys at once and then the server "blows up" and nothing goes at all? ^^
  7. northbehemoth

northbehemoth New Member

I wish there was some way for me to just like the posts. I feel that some people don't understand that you are waiting for a reason, not because the people at uber are sitting on piles of money laughing at you as you beg for alpha keys, normally you would never even see an alpha key. You rarely even see beta keys, though game companies seem to get that you need the communities to be involved and invested in the game for it to do well. ( Gw2 and such. ) Uber is doing a fine job as they slowly roll out the key's so that everything is within their control and nothing explodes along the way. That's my two cents.
  8. theseeker2

Torrents, they only get faster when more people download it.
  9. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Well, what does it help them to release the game via torrent when they wanna test everything, including their servers?
  10. D3adm0nk3y

D3adm0nk3y Member

[​IMG]

All I need is a key ;-;
  11. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Totally agree!

Am so in need of my alpha key, but hey I cannot change it and I want that Uber does it right... it won't kill me if I get my key tomorrow.

By the way, there are so many people live streaming PA! Watch those live streams to ease the pressure! :)
  12. northbehemoth

northbehemoth New Member

But, if it does kill you I will mourn your loss. Also, yes but I believe the way those people are playing is very wrong. Not once have I found a single person who matches my playstyle :p Even in alpha there is loads of awesome things to play with. To be honest, even if it takes them another 3-4 days to put out alpha keys, it won't matter it is just slightly upsetting that people feel they deserve it right away because other people got their keys. Other people paid probably double what the people whom are complaining, you get the key when you get the key. No if ands or butts, and if your complaining and panicking would of gotten you a key sooner it would of happened already. Which means now, you sit and wait in idle. Or you fill your time with other things, like writing your opinion of things on the forums~ :p
  13. white22angel

white22angel New Member

where did u find that at ?
  14. D3adm0nk3y

D3adm0nk3y Member

*shifty eyes* I know a guy who knows a guy.
  15. theseeker2

Oh really?
  16. SirChristoffee

SirChristoffee Member

So any one able to confirm if another batch has gone out tonight (I.e, they have received one recently)? I keep wanting to check my email but I am trying to watch the starcraft 2 World championship season finals.
  17. northbehemoth

northbehemoth New Member

They end work around 7ish so, it is safe to assume since there are no longer any devs online there will be no more keys this night, perhaps fortune will favor you tomorrow.

(derrr there are devs online I am just blind. But still work ends around 7. Still a safe bet no more tonight :p)
  18. Ralith

Ralith Member

If they provide updates via torrent, then they don't need to test the capacity of their servers for hosting direct downloads.

In the world of gamedev, things like regular working hours are... mutable.
  19. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

not everyone can use torrents, me for example due to the fact of being on university internet.
  20. northbehemoth

northbehemoth New Member

Well, when you get your key at 10pm let us know ;)