ALPHA ROLLOUT STATUS

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, June 1, 2013.

1. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Any word on AI? Will we be able to play against the computer at all?

The simpler it is the better in my experience. Even just a simple "upload log file to uber" with a place to enter in what happened (freeze, full crash, ect) and a OMGWHATDIDYOUDOOOOOOOO???!?!?!?!?! area.

Challange accepted. I actually wanna see how slow the game runs at max settings. Any hard (or even hardening) minimums besides 64 bit OS?

I'd rather have a buggy client to give feedback on then both a server AND client. 1 step at a time :D
  2. zenomaddog

zenomaddog Member

+1

This is what Alpha testers do, we break stuff.
  3. lollybomb

lollybomb Member

My body is ready :cool:

Actually I suppose I should get Open Broadcaster installed again so I have something to record or stream video with. Or Adobe Live Media Encoder. One of the two.
  4. Whinis

Whinis New Member

Reporting for OMG THATS A BUG duty, just give the word
  5. crseth

crseth Member

So excited! So so close yet still so far...
  6. WarlordBael

WarlordBael New Member

This is my first post, but I have been lurking since last year. Just want to thank Uber for all their hard work and constant updates. I'm really looking forward to the alpha and will do my best to actually test it in between playing around with the awesome game you're making
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

My machine and myself can't wait to run this alpha release ;)
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

After I made plans that will occupy the whole weekend based on the assumption that you would not release the alpha on a friday I am quite happy that you destabilized your build a bit. Release it on your monday morning and I will get it at my monday afternoon, where I'll have time. Perfect!

Can't wait
  9. terrormortis

terrormortis Member

haha good timing with my bachelor thesis finished I can enjoy it to my hearts content :D
  10. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

Thank the father, i'm bored to tears at the moment.
  11. Ti1t

Ti1t Member

Looking forward to it! Even though I do have a 1.5 mega bit line that has a Max download of between 100 - 150 kbps. Also it dc's every 5-10 minutes and has a 20gig per month download limit. This is the sort of net connection you can expect from the uk. >.< I may be able to play a little if I can even download it without corrupting all the files.

My computers is a hex core though :) may as well improve the areas that I can.
  12. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

13. cllrofwar

cllrofwar New Member

Great news! This is the first time I can remember where I actually want my weekend to go quickly!!
  14. pudeldestodes

pudeldestodes Member

never felt so excited about bug hunting :D
  15. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

F YEAH!

Cannot wait to play this on Linux guys, love what you are doing and keep it up!!
  16. hohopo

hohopo Member

Its been a while since I crashed my machine, lets brake stuff! (and report it ;) )

on a serious note, an alpha of this size is amazing in the time you guys have had since the kickstarter!
  17. mcodl

mcodl Member

Pre-release unstabilities? That sounds familiar. In a company where I used to work as a contractor they even established the following rule:

"Release on Wednesday. If we plan a release on Monday, then someone will screw it up during the weekend. If we plan a release on Friday, then someone will screw it up on Friday morning."

Now: that Friday morning isn't really mentioned because people are tired. Instead there is a certain percentage of programmers who don't commit their work until Friday after which everything gets messed up by a screwed up merge :D .

Out of curiosity, is there something like a beer penalty in Uber for a broken build or unit tests?

EDIT: don't worry guys, you're not the first to delay alpha release and defo not the last :)
  18. Consili

Consili Member

Not to sound like a broken record, but what is the current status on being able to upgrade beta gift keys acquired during the kickstarter?
  19. Satch3L

Satch3L Member

I'm so excited! :D

I'm running 100/100Mbit fiber (At least theoretical :p ) as I can imagine some other alpha players will have
  20. RCIX

RCIX Member

The second I get access to ripping apa-- ahem, carefully modding the game, i will. Till then, TO THE TEST MOBILE