ALPHA ROLLOUT STATUS

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, June 1, 2013.

1. thedbp

thedbp Member

2. xmsvixenx

xmsvixenx New Member

Check your PM dropp. :)
  3. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

OMG hahahah LMAO
  4. bacdemon

bacdemon New Member

More like

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, devs, please take all the time you need and don't work yourselves to death! We would be very sad if that happened...
  5. figa12

figa12 New Member

1600x900 is the largest resolution I have ever used, I have been using it for 2,5 years and I am happy with it :)
  6. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

If I'm going to spend that much on a monitor, it better be 120hz.

I'm glad somebody appreciated that lol
  7. rimizak

rimizak Member

I'm seeing all these computer specs going around in this topic and im starting to get nervous. I have a HP probook 4545s with AMD Vision Pro HD...am I good?
  8. khazar1

khazar1 Member

IGZO is a joke against IPS. Give me a 4k IPS 120Hz monitor and I'm your customer. ^^

As long as graphic card manufacturers still give out the sucky performance they do now, a 4k monitor is absolutely annoying. Without at least 3x SLI you can forget getting 60fps, even now for some games @ 1440p/1600p you need SLI/CF to get 60fps @ max.
  9. JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar Member

Why in the world is that so expensive? 60hz refresh rate, 6ms response time, and 30". Not very impressive.
  10. ploptops

ploptops New Member

probably not for the alpha
  11. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

Every minute without this game is painful! MUST HAVE IT! [​IMG]
  12. japporo

japporo Active Member

Nope, the extra inputs and OSD means extra display latency, a negative for gaming. You want this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176177. It's less expensive, too.
  13. rimizak

rimizak Member

ARE YOU F*** KIDDING ME?! Oh wait they said they have optimization work going on...right...so I'll be able to play it EVENTUALLY right?
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

neutrino wrote somewhere that the alpha is pretty much without any optimization and will need a powerful machine for smooth fps. He did not define those terms further, but some radeon 45XX sounds problematic.

EDIT: I misread what computer you have. A 500$ notebook with some integrated gfx will probably have troubles to run the game, possibly even after the alpha is done.
    Last edited: June 5, 2013
  15. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

And Crossfire is a pain sometimes due to drivers. AMD is particularly bad about drivers, but I hear Nvidia isn't that much better with SLI. Better, but still, if you can avoid multi-GPU setups, it is still best.
  16. fellowplanet

fellowplanet New Member

You have a great support (will locally change your device if you have problems, really fast express shipping of new devices, sometimes give you a new device instead of a repaired device, ..), a great panel (100% without any pixel problems, IPS, great colours, .. !), ...

The support of DELL is one of the best, but you are right: The prices are high. But devices from other companies is not cheaper (or they have a bad support, bad panel, or ...).
  17. JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar Member

The alpha is stated to have very poor optimization and performance, especially on lower end machines. This game is being designed (as most are) on high end computers, then they scale it optimize it for lower end machines later in the development stage. You may be able to start up the alpha with your specs, but I wouldn't count on getting any kind of performance or stability from it.
  18. khazar1

khazar1 Member

Because:
    1. it is a good panel and not that standard "gaming 120Hz Panel" bullshit ^^
    2. it's a A+ Rating so very low rate of yield
    3. it's the business sector, nobody there needs his/her money :lol:
  19. rimizak

rimizak Member

yeah I remember that, but I was kinda just hoping that my system could run it...even though I don't have a big PC setup or anything like that I have one hell of a laptop...at least I think :(
  20. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You got AMD Radeon HD 7650M which is much better than Intel HD, so you shouldn't care about posts above.

Let's say your card might be 3-5 times faster than Intel HD4000 and it's OpenGL drivers MUCH better. But we don't know what hardware alpha need yet.