ALPHA ROLLOUT STATUS

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, June 1, 2013.

1. rimizak

rimizak Member

WOAH 3 ADMINS ARE ONLINE ARE THEY GETTING READY FOR SOMEFIN????
  2. rimizak

rimizak Member

COME ON NOW THERES 4 SOMEFIN IS UP!!!
  3. rimizak

rimizak Member

(sigh) one just left....
  4. deso88

deso88 Member

Relax. You might get an heart attack else :D
  5. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

I'm gonna guess they were reading some forum posts :)

I'm also very excited by the prospect of the upcoming alpha. Trying very hard to stay calm and distract myself in the forums :D
  6. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

YOU MUST CHILL.

We are often online. I rarely log out of the forums. We'll give an update when we have one. :)
  7. Cyberboss

Cyberboss New Member

Seeing you reply has not calmed my nerves
  8. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

Nuh uh, you'll give an update when we want one. *throws apple sauce on the floor, cries* :lol:
  9. Seiniyta

Seiniyta New Member

Spamming F5 isn't going to help one bit except destroying that oh so precious key. I understand people are looking forward to it. I think the anticipation will be greater then the fun you'll have in the game itself (at least in the current state). You'll merely be relieved that you can play the game and then go to the forum to b*tch because of poor design/bugs/bad graphics/crashes. And then you'll anticipate the next big patch which adds additional stuff and so it goes on and on.
  10. rimizak

rimizak Member

darn if Garat is replying to my posts then I must really be-HEY THE ADMINS ARE STILL ON! :p
  11. Rentapulous

Rentapulous Member

I know a great exercise for calming one's nerves. Everybody grab a cocktail shaker, some tequila, pineapple juice, ice, and a lime.
  12. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

GET THEM!

[​IMG]
  13. rimizak

rimizak Member

no no no....
    we understand what alpha means and that, no offense, but it will be pretty crummy. I know they will hook us up with an awesome and totally developed build all in good time. But the fact we are going to be able to play with the very beginning of an amazing game and be the original 'testers' is something that's worth breaking your F5 key for...speaking of which, i'll see you in the next refresh! (refreshes)
  14. fellowplanet

fellowplanet New Member

Will you (or any other admin) give us some more information about the current development in the next hours/days or will it more like "and now here is it, shut up and download this alpha!" ?
  15. paulakg4

paulakg4 New Member

Not true at all- I was a $60 kickstarter backer from very early and upgraded to alpha only one week ago. Its rediculously easy in fact.

https://store.uberent.com/Store/PreOrder?titleId=4
  16. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

Here's a screenshot of StarCraft's alpha vs release. Note how different it was.

Now I don't see the visual style changing as drastically for this game, since that has mostly been locked down by now and is just being improved upon, but hopefully this will give some visual indication of how early this is to be playing the game. Instead of visuals, imagine this representing features and stability. Note that this was a LATE alpha screenshot.

http://www.myextralife.com/wp-content/u ... _build.jpg

Removed the image tags because it was a little big.
  17. rimizak

rimizak Member

ERMAGOSH ANOTHER ADMIN JUST GOT ON!!!

...and no Garat to tell me to shut up....hehe
  18. teradyn

teradyn Member

It would be nice if an update of "no alpha today" by 5pm your time were possible (If indeed it won't be ready today).

The post last night by Neutrino telling us to go to bed because it wasn't happening then, while disappointing, was very much appreciated so I didn't sit there for hours hitting F5...
  19. fellowplanet

fellowplanet New Member

I think this would be an good idea, but 5pm in Germany (UTC+2) is 8am PDT and I am not sure if the developers are sure at this time if they will launch the alpha on the day or the day later? But if it is possible I would be happy if any admin will tell us at 1pm PDT (= 22pm UTC+2) if there are more news available for us, because some people would be happy with more time to sleep :mrgreen:

Edit: UTC+1 here in Germany is right, I'm Sorry .. Summer Time :mrgreen:
    Last edited: June 4, 2013
  20. crseth

crseth Member

So what have I missed where is my alpha key neutrino? :cool: