Alpha release goal Friday the 3rd of may 2013?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by thedbp, February 16, 2013.

1. KNight

KNight Post Master General

This is pretty much what I'm thinking as well, it's not like Uber has a big QA department, so the Alpha and Beta Testers are kinda pulling double duty compared to most Betas and such, makes sense to start early(even if the updates are slower to start off with as features and such get integrated during the Alpha) to make sure we can get in as much testing as possible.

Mike
  2. backdoornobaby

backdoornobaby New Member

I would be happy and excited to see Alpha and what's been developed so far. :mrgreen: It would give me a much better perspective on the game. I can better visualize what to suggest once I see more of what's been done.
    My spring break starts that weekend too. I might not jump on everything right away if that's the case, but it may be an interesting week none the less.

Excited to see what they've got. and mess with it. and maybe blow up something. or a planet - if that's possible yet in alpha.

BUT - it's only Alpha - I'd only be expecting more once beta is out.
  3. chatranle

chatranle New Member

Dont think it would be alpha as i would expect alpha to be ready before that or the latest 10 of may as the game is ament to be a summer realse game spend atleast 2 months in alpha fixing the bugs then another 1 to 2 in beta

so if its latter then that i dont expect to see PA till atleast end of september
  4. cptbritish

cptbritish Member

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed its the start of Beta :)
  5. Pavese

Pavese New Member

I am always unsure if the alpha isn't already running and you guys forgot to invite me :(

Any timeframe, in weeks or months, until alpha launches would be nice ;)
  6. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

Think about all the things that they have said.

They mentioned that they will start the Alpha once they are sure the game is playable not only by them(who created it and know it inside out) but by others who can find their way around the interface and the game.

We saw in in the livestream almost nothing, just the units explained and some questions answered. That probably means that they are working their asses off to make the game playable and so it plays good.

If they showed/talked about pre-alpha gameplay that looked and played like crap(cause thats true, everything starts out as crap) you think theres lots of us who understand how games are made?

There are people that simply refuse to see bad stuff, and I do believe they have a basic playable game now it just looks and plays like crap so they don't want to show it or talk about it before its playable and acceptable by a wider audience.

Once alpha is out they will probably ask us not to show any gameplay publicly due to bugs and issues that the game will clearly have(thats why alphas and betas exist).

I hope I will be allowed to create a gameplay teaser trailer, I would love to create a teaser to mess with many who don't have access to the game early, show a minute of the best possible bits of the alpha :mrgreen:
  7. zurginator

zurginator Member

They won't ask. There will be an NDA. I've been in more than my fair share of Alpha/Beta tests.
  8. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

They never mentioned the NDA. To legally be a part of the NDA you must sign a contract using your real name.
    So if the word goes out that you leaked info you get sued. For real.

I even messaged garat regarding this and he said that there will probably be some restrictions that they will ask for but NDA is a legal contract and I don't see how will they implement it if they haven't already to 5000 people.