All gunner teams cant be beat

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Hawaiianspawn, August 23, 2010.

1. Great2seeyou

Great2seeyou New Member

Yes but first they need to get closer then the sniper scope is usefull, then ice traps, flak, then the support fire base or an assassin's grasp. Not much of a chance eh?
  2. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

u can effectively snipe people across the map with gold accuracy on a dual minigun
  3. Monty

Monty New Member

Yea, I dunno I'll have to disagree. I play as a Sniper, and I have a field day when I see a gunner-heavy team, and I'm not even an amazing Sniper. Gunners move really slow, and their heads are the biggest in the game. I love playing with gunners who deploy without the face shield, too. They're an easy kill. I really wouldn't have a problem taking out a team of six gunners, assuming my team is filled out with somewhat competent players.
  4. DAlicious

DAlicious New Member

I played a 5 gunner team for the first time today. I can't say for certain if they were any good, I suspect at least 4 of them were in a group though. I wasn't too impressed personally, had I been playing with at least 1 or 2 friends instead of random pubs I doubt it would have been an issue.

My suspicion would simply be that overloading on gunners is a strategy that works fantastically if you're playing a bunch of people who don't know each other, and most likely none of which have mics. You can't really go Rambo on 5 gunners and a support, but in public games like that it's what everyone is going to do. An actual group of 3-4 players who know each other shouldn't have an issue working together to counter though.

I would actually say the only thing that gave issues even with publics is my belief that the mortar is overpowered. 6 shots lobbed in from a safe distance to kill a rocket turret is just too simple when they have such a powerful main gun also. I actually feel like a good counter to the Gunners people shredding minigun is that it doesn't do much damage to bots or turrets forcing diversity of class to deal with it, but instead they can just switch to the alternate to have the best turret killing weapon.
  5. Great2seeyou

Great2seeyou New Member

Well, thats not at all the same. Minigun kills in what 10-25 hits? When +50% of your shots miss, THATS NOT SNIPING. One shot to the head, thats sniping, no contest.
    Last edited: August 25, 2010
  6. Myrick

Myrick New Member

Yeah learn to snipp.
  7. tadpole1290

tadpole1290 New Member

easy counter would be 3 snipers watching all areas and some 2 assassins and a support with gunners moveing slow its easy to snipe one down, when one goes down assassins can come in and drop his buddie while the other snipers continue to drop his mates, at that the support can run in take over their towers. but needs allot of comunication on the other team to make that happen
  8. Great2seeyou

Great2seeyou New Member

Thanks for pointing out my spelling faux pas with your own. :)
  9. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

I think you're confused about the definition of faux pas, unless you were going for more of the literal translation.

Anyway....

I'd have to say just about the worst possible team you could pick would be six assassins. I've seen it 3-4 times now and they always rage quit. The gunner is a strong class, but it isn't omni wtf pwn. I know it's borderline cheating, but you could have changed to sniper and put your rifle out of the spawn line. You can shoot them and they can't shoot you.

I've said it on other parts of the board, but if you want to snipe as a gunner use your mortar. There's really no need to use an accuracy endorsement. I'm actually pretty used to the spread of the guns without accuracy... shooting a bit wild makes hitting elusive snipers/assassins just a little easier.
  10. Great2seeyou

Great2seeyou New Member

1) I'm not, Faux pas- a slip or blunder in etiquette, manners, or conduct; an embarrassing social blunder or indiscretion. What did you think it meant? Also we aren't criticize my vocabulary.
    2) Good point on taking out spawn killers
  11. scyfed

scyfed New Member

i think the people who are saying snipe him are overestimating their abilitys. on a game like this do you really believe you could headshot a bunnyhopping gunner spamming his jets and shooting at you with gold accuracy dual miniguns? i have taken plenty of snipers out as a gunner like this before.
  12. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Maybe average snipers, but the good ones I have seen always cause gunners to swear a lot into the mics lol.
  13. Great2seeyou

Great2seeyou New Member

Yes I agree, bunny hopping is a predictable movement and not as hard to follow as gunners seem to think. Also you can kill a gunner in 3-4 body shots at level 3, still faster then the mini gun, if you both are moving. As far as overestimating skills, this game keeps track of everything; everyone knows there stats and stats don't lie. Personally my sniper rifle kills are 360 with headshot kills at 250 so don't throw insults with out facts.(I know its lower then you others the point is 69% of the shots are headshots.) I have never said gunners where bad, just pointing out the limits of an all gunner team. Nothing about the players behind them.
    Last edited: August 26, 2010
  14. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

the only way it should be easy to headshot a gunner who is using evasive maneuvers is if ur host. otherwise with bulletlag + travel time u gotta get lucky and ur not gonna have time to do that with a gold accuracy dual minigun shootin at u
  15. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

i dunno if it was u guys but we have faced a 6 gunner team..we were not expecting it `1st game so they gave us an A$$ pounding. But the next 6-10 games were anything but we absolutely floored this pathetic idea for a set up then they rage quit mid game when nobody on our team had died 10 mins into the match and even me on the bottom as support still had 20+ kills

honestly 6 HG's is the dumbest thing ive heard of... big slow dumb moving targets
    sorry to any HG's out there i know they can be lethal in the right hands but this is just ridiculous
  16. Great2seeyou

Great2seeyou New Member

Do you read the posts? No one said it was easy to shot an evasive gunner, however we have said snipers can kill them faster. Key word is can, not everyone will every time, nor will any team of any kind win every match.
  17. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

from all the posts i saw, snipers seem to feel like they can hit a gunner every time. gunners have more health than snipers and an easier time shooting them so it tends to be an easy kill for the gunner unless u have magic head popping powers
  18. Great2seeyou

Great2seeyou New Member

Gunners are big, slow, and hit the sniper once in 7 shots. Snipers are small, quick, and hit the gunner 2 times out of 3 shots. At long to mid range I hardly ever miss hitting a gunner(bunny hopping and all). Try to understand that in 6 shots a good sniper can get 4 hits killing him, in the same time the good gunner has shot half the clip and left the sniper with low health (just above red or just red).
  19. Kernal Cupcakez

Kernal Cupcakez New Member

if you kill the towers at their base it will cost them all the money they make to keep building new ones, thus not allowing them to reach a fully upgraded state
  20. scyfed

scyfed New Member

and also any good gunner will not be standing out in the open in a snipers area, so this is all hypothetical. and i doubt 1 sniper can take out a 6 gunner team.