Airstrikes FUUUUUU

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by F0rs4k3n R0gu3, March 1, 2011.

1. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Really? After all the nerfs for support, people are STILL crying about airstrikes? The assault bomb is much worse. Airstrikes are easily avoidable, and ground zeros are much more difficult to get than headcrabs. I don't know why this is, but I can toss assault bombs over my shoulder and they'll stick to someone. I can throw an airstrike beacon and watch it pass right through an enemy.
  2. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

ever play tf2?
    try the engineer sometime
  3. x 2TurnTableS x

x 2TurnTableS x New Member

why oh why would you think that possibly the weakest class in the game is the new go-to class for noobs. You are trying to tell me that these 'noobs' aren't picking highly overpowered classes like assault or gunner so that they can all turtle up together and do nothing. Most 'noobs' to this game think it is team deathmatch anyway, so I ask you again, why would they all be using support
  4. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

lolwut?
    well, my post that is above yours is supposed to be a response to what you said
  5. x 2TurnTableS x

Well if you are trying to say that the engineer is the weakest class and all noobs use him you are absolutely wrong. I used to run the engineer all the time on that game, it takes a lot of knowledge to get a good engineer setup going. I guess maybe you are referring to the people that just set up turrets and camp them, then yes that is lame and easy. Mute is trying to say that people are just noob whoring the support and I don't think you can make a whole lot of comparisons between the engineer from TF2 and the support from MNC, besides the fact that they both set up turrets. My standpoint is coming from orange box TF2 on 360 and I haven't played in about a year so things may be different now as they started making a lot of boneheaded updates.
  6. F0rs4k3n R0gu3

F0rs4k3n R0gu3 New Member

Its not nooby to have an engy or 2 just sit in your briefcase room with an upgraded turret and dispensers... Just stay 2 of em down so u know that whoever walks in is a spy meanwhile the rest of yo team can capture at will
  7. mute

mute New Member

Because they do. They turtle up and do nothing. It's rampant right now with new users. That's why oh why I would tell you. :roll:
    They're afraid of dying. Noob gunners are sitting ducks and to say the gunner is 'highly overpowered' is ridiculous. No class is highly overpowered. Theres op issues with the Assault, yes, but its only really obvious when veterans play it...chumps and noobs, not at all.
  8. x 2TurnTableS x

so, by your logic, gunners and assaults are weak and we should worry about a few noob supports that turtle bases. Can I buy some fairydust from you??
  9. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

no. supports arent OP, they are just easy to do ok with. i had a friend who could consistently go 10-2 just by standing next to his firebase in the middle of his base and overhealing it.

you can do good turtling against randoms. it works.
  10. BasalArmag3ddon

BasalArmag3ddon New Member

you also have to go turtle support to deal with semi decent assasins who would just juce rush the turrest then push bot's into the base if you were not there camping them.
  11. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

nope. you dont need turrets if you can push bots.
  12. BasalArmag3ddon

BasalArmag3ddon New Member

true but that depends on the other random people on your team are any good and actually push bots.

Also honestly supports are not that good at pushing when compared to a good assassin who will be pushing on both lanes meaning you will have to put up some kind of defence to stop the MB going down.
  13. killien

killien Active Member

Yea, they're really not that good at pushing at all. Shotgun does little against bots, HH gun does less, airstrikes are slow and the FB has to keep being moved/hacked
    As a Support you're better off boosting the health of teammates/bots then setting up a defense once you get past a certain point
  14. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Support pushes bots fine. If you do it right, you get to their base with a few overhealed blackjacks, juice and a couple of airstrikes. If I just focus on getting juice, I usually end up with a pretty good crowd of bots behind me.
  15. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

16. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Happy Birthday!

post.
  17. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

I like this Mute guy.
  18. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

its default support class