AI?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by b4ux1t3, September 27, 2013.

1. b4ux1t3

b4ux1t3 New Member

I went to go set up an AI game just so that I could see the planet boosters in action without having to either A. Get destroyed by it or B. Not see it because the game ends too quickly.

Did bots get removed, or am I just blind?
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

They should be automatically assigned to empty slots if you ready up to start the game before anyone else joins.

Mike
  3. b4ux1t3

b4ux1t3 New Member

AH, thanks. Now that I think about it, that's how it has always worked, isn't it? Shows you how much I've been playing in the past few weeks. . .
  4. vonWolfehaus

vonWolfehaus New Member

That is not how it worked for me :( I setup a custom game and hit ready, but it still waited for people to join. I'd appreciate a "Skirmish" button so I don't have to connect and "hope" just to play against AI!
  5. KNight

you'd still have to connect to a server, the ability to play offline or just hosting a server on your own machine for just you won't be available until release most likely.

Mike
  6. b4ux1t3

b4ux1t3 New Member

I would guess more like just before release, just so they could get some testing done on it. Even if they have a full working product, that doesn't mean the hostable server will work perfectly on machines of different configurations.
  7. KNight

The thing is that once the Server is out there, you can't stop piracy, so it's a very fine line to walk, it's just best to assume it won't be until Release.

Mike
  8. Dicerbot

Dicerbot New Member

call me a noob
    but i find the ai are too hard and im having a huge learning curve at the moment.
    any plans for difficulty changes on ai or the handicaps, at the moment the handicaps are not working for me
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Sorian is hard at work on the AI - it's nowhere near ready yet so adding difficulty levels to incomplete AI is quite a task! Again, this will likely be near release time.
  10. irregularprogramming

irregularprogramming Member

When I played against the AI yesterday it didn't do anything but build air units?
  11. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Yup - that's all it does for now.
  12. sirsubstance

sirsubstance New Member

Can someone please explain how to make a game start with no-one else in it?

When I create a new game and ready up, it tells me the game ill start when another player joins and readys.
  13. Malorn

Malorn Member

You need to start a game on the UBservers. Do not create your own game, merely join one of the empty games.