Ai its kicking my butt! :/

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by RMJ, November 12, 2013.

1. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

ewwww Python
    LavaSnake likes this.
  2. doc22k

doc22k New Member

Love the AI work it is nasty nothing like a multisided attack. Used to get steam rolled and the AI does do catapults (I know got blown back to the stone ages by one). Orbital is more buggy than it used to be. can't scroll away half the time love the shell for orbital around the planets though. Is there a keyboard command for scrolling away or zooming out and in? Though the later is not so much a problem than the former. Nothing like trying to battle across multiple planets and unable to zoom.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

If the AI has a means for calculating its resource needs, why aren't metal and energy sharing the same priority? Why are resource buildings given a priority at all?

Is priority a fixed value, or is it also calculated? For example, will the AI have a low priority for air in a small 10 player FFA, but a higher priority on a large planet in a 1v1?
  4. TMCrimeZ

TMCrimeZ New Member

Has anyone else noticed that the AI is really stubborn where it wants to build its factories? In one game I had bluebottles at it's coast and I destroyed all factories. The AI had 2 flying constructors trying to rebuild the factories on exactly the same spot. I kept destroying them immidiatly when it issued the build order... I mean he could fly anywhere with those constructor planes, but he wouldnt...
  5. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

It's a work in progress...
  6. TMCrimeZ

TMCrimeZ New Member

No **** sherlock ;) I'm posting to let people and hopefully sorian know about issues I encounter, as i'm encouraged to do so as beta 'tester'.
    Quitch likes this.
  7. dinosw

dinosw New Member

The AI is aggressive at first, but the attacks are very easy to counter.
    And late game, the AI just can't manage to produce a sufficient army.
    I had a game against the AI today, and thought it was extremely easy to defeat.
  8. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

Right now the only deciding factor for me in games against the AI, seems to be map size.

If it's a small map, my air patrols will find his base, and my bots from one factory will raid his, usually undefended, base until his eco crashes, allowing me to secure victory.
    If it's a large map I won't find his base until he controls half the planet, and then i'm already dead.

It would be nice if the AI's expansion speed was adjusted for planet size, with the option to throttle it back up for experienced players.
  9. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Yeah map size does indeed seem to heavily impact the skill. The large planet it gets out of control lol.

One game the AI had so many units, i would think like 2-3000 units my computer literally came to a crawl, it like 2-3 fps slide show. Good thing i had a nuke to clear up his laggy death march
  10. purecruncher

purecruncher New Member

I was happily expanding and was blissfully ignorant. Next thing I know the Al turn up with a massive ary out of the blue. It was over so fast! :p