Absolute and Universal Composite Steam Review of Truth [help me damnit]

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by komandorcliff, August 21, 2015.

1. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

big announcement, you mean like the titan announcement stating the discount they are giving everyone as a thank you, etc.
  2. thedean

thedean New Member

Everyone keeps saying the Titans announcement was enough. It wasn't. They need to address the new issues like how early access buyers were seemingly ignored. The fact is they are rewarding, in majority, people that paid less for the game, not the ones that paid most. How come most of the kickstarters don't see that they were never entitled to this free expansion? It was explicitly listed as a 10000$ perk, that is a massive difference from someone who paid 15$/20$, yet they got that same perk. Most kickstarters feel entitled to the free expansion even though at no point was that the case. Both sides of this argument have the same mentality. The only difference is one side got it free, the other didn't. If the roles were reversed, the result would be the same.

PS: I would like to also point out I believe they couldn't have done this differently, likely due to steam limitations. I don't know if they can give something free to a group based on date purchased, for instance. I don't blame Uber but the fact remains that they need to make a statement and not ignore that nothing is happening and live in a bubble (random posts in random threads do not count, most of which I've noticed are copy-paste).
    Elate likes this.
  3. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Yeah, been on steam forums upvoted and gave a positive. They really are spamming the negative reviews, and some of the comments/remarks are just plain wrong!
  4. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

I don't think kickstarter backer think they should of got the gift. They have just try to explain there is a difference ks to ea, irrespective of how much money. Ea have been important to the development and it would have been nice to give alpha at the least the game, but this may not have been possible for many reasons.
    I do think uber should try to find a way for pa owners to get the game for the $13 after the discount ends.
  5. Elate

Elate Active Member

I can say with some relative certainty that yes, you can give things to EA backers. I also believe that there are certain things (medals? I'm unsure but I remember them) linked to Alpha/Beta accounts, which would be people that bought into the EA.

For a great example see Don't Starve Together. EA backers got that massive update for free, and it was a standalone game.

But yeah, we need to hear something at the least. An explanation, an apology perhaps? Maybe with some chocolates and flowers.