AbleGamers Tournament 2015

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, September 15, 2015.

1. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

Donate.jpg
    ljfed, Alpha2546 and stuart98 like this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

3. stuart98

4. xankar

xankar Post Master General

He provides a convincing argument: "I need donations to rise above burntcustards beating sticks." But then again, I'm sure many of us already approve of custard's beating sticks. A tough fight for you stuart.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  5. stuart98

:(
  6. xankar

xankar Post Master General

stay strong
  7. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

can't believe you just realised, like omg i was like WHERE IS ELODEA?!?!?!?! since the beginning ahaha ^^ oh well =)
  8. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

[​IMG]

I just want to say that this was the correct outcome. @proeleert you know what you got to do.
    stuart98 likes this.
  9. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

GG everybody :)
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

That was so much fun! GG all and thats a nice amount of money that got raised. Good stuff
    davostheblack and cptconundrum like this.
  11. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

GG guys!!! 1441 raised!!!! that is such good work!!!! <3 <3 <3
    I guess i have to stick with my promise of streaming a horror game... start thinking of what you want i suppose?? *tear*

Thanks for hosting this exodus/uber/wrongcat/everyone else involved!!!! Lets try and double it again next year ;)
    davostheblack and cptconundrum like this.
  12. stuart98

#SoOPThatTheGameItselfHadToKillMeToMakeMeLose
  13. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Luckily the game killed you so I didn't have to spend money for it to happen ^^
    andreasgg, cptconundrum and Alpha2546 like this.
  14. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Lessons Learned :
    - @Sorian's Internet Connection is unreliable
    - Nuke Launchers should be game-enders
    - It's still very fun
    - Thanks to PayPal I lost more money then previous year :)
    - @wondible is an awesome PuppetMaster

What did you guys think about the menu did you feel something was missing?
    Any other suggestions for next year?
    cdrkf, stuart98, cptconundrum and 2 others like this.
  15. elodea

elodea Post Master General

I'd like to suggest more timely spawning of donated units. So people can see whats going on in the game and donate quickly to change the current situation as appropriate or to respond to other donations. Donators could feel like they are making more of an impact, and that the experience is more interactive.

I get that you need time inbetween donation spawns so that the casters can shout out donations, but it was a bit excessive of a wait between each this time. Like, obviously early on in the game, donating certain stuff is a big deal. But then if it takes 5-10 minutes for that stuff to spawn, it kinda loses its impact and intention.

The game enders probably should be brought down to 15-20 minutes as well, with exception of ragnarok.

Also, a system in place to have donated units which are unable to be reasonably used by the player for some reason (like death), to be re-donated to the same or another player.

I think also from what people donated for and what people didn't donate for, you could probably look at reducing prices for some of the units for next time (titans, halley, catalyst).
    Quitch, davostheblack and ljfed like this.
  16. wondible

wondible Post Master General

It's not the casters, it me. There is a falible human reading descriptions, trying to make sure things are all valid, evaluating the situation to pick a place, double checking settings to reduce mistakes, and still making a few. The rehosts were especially difficult because there was a huge backlog and things fell off the edge of the in-game feed so it was more completely manual - typically I can get some automation assistance identifying codes and players, but text is messy, so it needs review and I'm often back to selecting everything manually.
  17. wondible

wondible Post Master General

The menu text was kind of small on stream. It might perhaps be in wide format, or in two pieces that could be put side by side.

Common issues with factories that couldn't be supported. Menu either needs eco, or more straight units.

(I've toyed with whether it would be possible to make a temporary eco boost)

Unit cannon might have been interesting, but perhaps at a mid game level.

Asteroids might be good for the systems - it can start out single planet, but still have game enders show up. I'm not sure if the system supports a long delay and then more frequent appearance.

I've got a list of things to consider for the mods. Big one being misattribution from changing control too fast.
  18. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

It would be awesome to see more Counters as options, so a fully loaded anti-nuke for example :)
    cdrkf and Quitch like this.
  19. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I agree, but I think that goes with what elodea said about the units showing up in game later than expected. Counters have a tighter window of time before they arrive too late.
    davostheblack likes this.
  20. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

perhaps some help for wondible?

I would think that position could really be handled by 2 people:
    1. Description Parser: Nice long list of regular expressions + a human for the weird ones, does all the validation stuff.
    2. Puppetmaster: Analyze locations and do the spawning. If gets too hectic may even be able to separate this one.
    davostheblack likes this.