A wish for the Xbawks from a PC person

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by arseface, July 1, 2011.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

You guys aren't getting any updates till the engine shift, and that sucks.

Infrequent updates will most likely continue to be the norm. I'd like to suggest a way around that in the future, only really doable after the engine shift.

Some of you may have played either the game L4D2(meh game) or SMB(fantastic game). Both have systems in place to send you content free of charge. I propose a similar system be added to MNC. Hopefully within a month or two of mod support PC maps will be of a high enough quality to warrant notice from Uber.

I suggest that once a month, after enough community maps have cued up, that a community map be chosen and added to the maplist on the 360 and the PC uber official servers. I would suggest once a week, but the community isn't nearly large enough to handle that. You could possibly do this with skins as well once gear gets ported.

It sends new content fairly easily, and could help ease the gap between updates. If enough good maps are sent, you could petition to have Uber make a community map/skin pack as free DLC(no way they'd be able to charge for it legally, M$ couldn't touch it).

I don't go to the xbox forums much(read, ever), so I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, I just wanted to know your thoughts.
  2. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

This

Very much this. These are my thoughts on the issue so closely that I think you may be spying on me.
  3. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I agree with everything you just said except for when you said SMB was a fantastic game.

It is not.
  4. NeoCyberman

Super mario brothers?
  5. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Super Meat Boy.
  6. NeoCyberman

Meat boy is awesome
  7. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

DONT BE HATIN ON L4D2. I WILL SMACK YOU IF YOU BE HATIN.
  8. NeoCyberman

Ahem.

Back to the matter at hand. Great suggestion. In sympathy for the plight of the Xbox community I can only hope the engine shift is on its way.

Not to derail the topic but did not one of the devs say that they were halfway there?
  9. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

L4D > L4D2
  10. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Only in terms of atmosphere. L4D2 blows the first out of the water in every other way.

And I think they just need to get M$ to allow them to patch it now. Or whatever it is they need M$ to do.
  11. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Didn't O already mention that they talked with Microsoft already? We can't just really keep blaming Microsoft for all this anyway.

Besides, I don't even think they're finished with the new engine yet.
  12. NeoCyberman

Last thing I heard they were chugging along and were close to half I believe.
  13. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Half way down with the engine shift but how far along are they with the content is what we all really want to know. I also hope we get more than one map, the skins and the new "Danger Zone." Unlike the PC players we are going to have to pay for it and knowing Microshaft it is going to be $10 or more for very little "playable" content.