A tournament to celebrate the first patch of 2014 - Such prize! Saturday 18th Jan!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, January 16, 2014.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Agreed. We're only talking in terms of if the game breaks mid-game :p so the equivalent of an earthquake in a football match causing the stadium to collapse.
  2. GODJESUS

GODJESUS New Member

Oh okay, great. Is the game really that unstable now? I played a couple games last night, and it was only very very late game on big planets when it got unstable. All the <500 radius games were fine. The 600+ games though, tend to crash especially once people have settled into personal planets and have the freedom to make massive armies.

Maybe the tournament should be played on smaller planets? That way we get two birds stoned: 1. Games are more stable 2. Games go faster, can get more in one night

That would make deaths more random, though. Starting proximity to others would be a big factor
  3. evilOlive

evilOlive Member

I agree we need to come up with a definitive plan for the situation where a game got killed before it was done. And then we need to just hope that situation doesn't actually come up. If it does, we just want to be sure there's a clear understanding of how we'll resolve a dispute or un-finished game.

So yes, of course, in all but the remotest of possible scenarios, the winner is the last comm standing. I think we're just talking about a scenario where the game couldn't be finished.

I also think all matches should have a viewer/ref/officiant/streamer. One person who is not playing but is streaming the match at the least, and can be called upon to make any necessary decisions. A pair of eyes to confirm the win objectively.

Also, these are just my opinions - I don't have strong feelings about how this gets worked out.
  4. dacamell

dacamell New Member

Im in sure.
    Syunfox told me about it and were pretty pro Kappa.
  5. AnarKyDIABLO

AnarKyDIABLO New Member

I am in to play!
    Clopse likes this.
  6. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

It's filling up fast people! Hurry and let us know if you're in it to win it! Also, please check to make sure your name is listed on the Google Doc, if not please let us Officiators know!
  7. PrinceAAwe

PrinceAAwe Member

I would like to join
  8. orb370

orb370 New Member

I would like to join. In game I'm [RLM]Orbnet.
  9. omgdude177

omgdude177 New Member

Awesome we got our 32
  10. evan6565

evan6565 New Member

I would like in if there is any more space available.
  11. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

Id love to join in,but I recently moved house so my internet is really shitty at the moment which is a shame because I would love to participate.
  12. cwarner7264

Right, now we've got our 32 people, I have been able to construct the brackets. This was generated using the list randomiser on www.random.org

See the second tab on the spreadsheet to find out who you're up against!

Do continue signing up, there are usually one or two who don't make the start, so it's likely we will end up using a few reserve-listers!
    Last edited: January 18, 2014
    dacamell likes this.
  13. dfanz0r

dfanz0r Active Member

Well i guess can i be put in the reserves, i wouldn't mind playing if i get the chance.
  14. dacamell

dacamell New Member

If you wouldn't mind could you change the bracket a little. I'm against my friend LilBTheBasedLord. Just preference but I would prefer to play against someone who I don't already play with. You don't have to change the bracket.
  15. cwarner7264

It was selected at random, I'm afraid, if I changed it afterwards it would sort of defeat the object! Sorry!
  16. kikser

kikser New Member

Im in - Kikser
  17. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

I wish to enter! my ingame name is RLM-Gandalf
  18. Willkillls

Willkillls New Member

I'd like to play!
  19. GODJESUS

GODJESUS New Member

So, does this mean all the games are 1v1? I kinda thought it would be multi-way games, but i guess this makes it easy to tell who won. Can the standardized planet be kinda small then? Otherwise this is going to take a very long time
  20. cwarner7264

I'm going to do a proper post clarifying tomorrow, but the format for systems is going to be:

2 planets of radius 400 - 600, no moon or metal
    1 moon planet of radius 249 or less
    All in orbit around each other