A Suggestion for Selection

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by wpmarshall, August 22, 2015.

1. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I've played a little with Titans now and I have a suggestion for combat fab army selection.

Like with CPA (Classic PA) when you drag select and army you select combat fabs as well. Then when you give commands to the army as a whole you overwrite any previous orders to your Cfabs such as repairing a particular unit - even more so within titans with say Colonels / manhattans to heal up.
    What is more, it's hard to see at a glance from far away, in a dense army of unit icons, whether or not you have a combat fab selected in there, and if you want to retask it specifically you have a lot more micro to do.

I would like to suggest 2 things.

With regard to the latter, fabbers, commanders, colonels and combat fabs, when selected have a different outline selection colour so you can see if you have them selected in your army.

Alternatively have them not selectable with military units, this allows combat to continuously do their jobs that you have already tasked for them.
    I think this is more important in Titans now than in CPA because you now have wreckage and if you are defending you may wish to continue reclaiming while a fight goes on on your doorstep. Again you may have told them to repair specific units as I stated earlier and moving them as part of an army will override that.

I suspect the unit selection colours is moddable, but hey, your thoughts?
    burntcustard, Remy561 and cwarner7264 like this.
  2. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

there is a mod available that makes sure combat fabs are not selected with your army. Cola_Colin pointed that to me yesterday xD.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  3. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I didn't know what to think for quite a time. Do I use em in an army or mainly for treeco. It turns out I use em mostly for treeconomy and hey its not really a hassly if you want to have them along an army.

So I made this mod.
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/combat-fabricator-group-deselect.69462/
    tunsel11, rivii and burntcustard like this.