A small teaser on our next update

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, October 14, 2014.

1. jables

jables Uber Employee

I worded badly. I will still share stuff, I will just be bringing it with more useful information. The negativity I've seen on the thread wasn't due to me sharing stuff, but how I shared it. It all makes sense. :)
    cmdandy, Nicb1, squishypon3 and 6 others like this.
  2. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Teasers are fine as long as they are obvious enough, that the best-case scenario the community guesses is the correct one; and that more information or the update itself happens soon (not tm) after. If it is ladders, this teaser worked imo. All I've read into what nanolathe has said, is that he wants more information; mission accomplished. Teasers are designed to infuriate some and let others have fun guessing.
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I don't like the "Negativity" label being thrown about but agree with the overall sentiment you've presented here.

Mike
    ooshr32, stuart98 and jables like this.
  4. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I open the thread on page 5 and it's already talking about negativity. Guys pls.

On topic : Laddering intensifies.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I feel they could have worded their responses better, I often feel a bit of an edge to every word.

But, I hope you don't take it personally, they were used to Brad trolling them and giving teasers, sometimes with the incentive of being a troll. :p
  6. jables

jables Uber Employee

Yeah poor wording. I didn't take anything said as bad, but tied it to me wanting to do it differently next time. Negativity here was defined as, "hey jables, not perfect, try it slightly different next time based on the feedback here", which is the best I could hope for honestly...

will add this to post above too.
    ooshr32 and nanolathe like this.
  7. squishypon3

I see what you're saying, but personally I'm confident people like being told what you guys are working on, even without dates. Especially if it's being explicitly stated that it's a work on progress and you have no Window of when it'll be done.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  8. jables

jables Uber Employee

Also added to original post:
    Lessons learned from this test:
    1. wait to show images until you have details to back them up]
    2. continue to share things even if you don't have final dates
    3. you guys are awesome with feedback. this was a huge help, and will move us forward with Uber communicating better in the future.
    Thanks for the feedback guys!
    carn1x, Schulti, raphamart and 15 others like this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

WELCOME
  10. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

I approve of this thread
  11. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Well, i think pics with no details are okay if it's obvious what they are about. We don't want to confuse a new big artillery unit with the unit cannon ofc. Most people were also quite happy with the teaser so i think you should keep them coming personally ;) (But it's your call ofc)
    proeleert and Quitch like this.
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Depends if this actually IS about leagues & ladders. If it is, then this image was fine to share. If not, well not so much. Though even then it shows people have leagues & ladders in their mind.
  13. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Personally I like seeing teasers even if not much info is in them. More info is also good, even if it takes a few extra days.
  14. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

YEEEEEEEES !

WOOOOO!
    f.png
    Last edited: October 14, 2014
    nlaush, ooshr32 and Zainny like this.
  15. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Just becuase it has 2 monitors, doesnt mean Dual Monitor support yet. Alotta people use 2 monitors for stuff :p
  16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@jables personally- I gave you a 'like' and no feedback other than pointing out the bottle of Whiskey... point being *personally* I'm quite happy with teasers like this... I wouldn't rule them out completely, perhaps just ensure that if you do a teaser you've got some more info to share fairly soon.

I think giving a piccy or 2 out first thing when you get in, then divulging some more info a few hours later could work well- gives people a bit of time to speculate but *doesn't* let it run wild and go completely off tangent?
  17. tatsujb

must be o from what I'm picking up as a hint.
  18. squishypon3

@jables What is it, anyway? Were we right, ladder? ;)
  19. tatsujb

I think cola got it .... moar steam achievements....
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Well I am sure nobody would mind achievements like "was able to hold the #1 on the offical pa ladder for more than 4 weeks"