A showcase of our great community

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by xxxScorpion, September 10, 2010.

1. Karishadz

Karishadz New Member

*Hurls some insults at him for being a good Assassin*
  2. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

How dare you sir.

On topic, I have something new to share that I received not too long ago.

Here

Hilarious that he blames me for "lag spamming" (I guess?) while he's hugging his teammates and a firebase on top of an archway on G3. I guess I should have done the logical thing and killed them one at a time with my heal hurt gun huh? Oh it's also my fault he walks casually down lanes as well paying no attention to ejectors but in his defense I completely "lagged" them somehow so those deaths shouldn't even count. I demand Uber retract those kills from my record on this randoms behalf!

Moving on, I go to check his account info and see this on his bio.

So guys if you ever run into this random remember that if you ever kill him at all you're a cheater and a lagger.
  3. Roy Campbell

Roy Campbell New Member

Oh god it's like deja vu; my two years of playing TF2 on the 360 had this same outcome with someone posting about me on "The Orange Box Xbox 360 and PS3" forums.

I'll say this though: the Steam forums' users didn't warp stories for their benefit and didn't contribute an entire topic to bag on other gamers without them knowing.

I'll leave it at that. I've explained myself way too much over a videogame, this one doesn't need to be added to the list.

Oh and when I came into contact with you, I had a strong feeling you were going to run to the forums with your next "Look what I got here, guise!!". You could be compared to the likes of this game, Monday Night Combat. Predictable. "Oh it's a support, hi." *subconsciously awaits airstrike spam* "Oh, you threw 3 airstrikes. I didn't expect that."

One more thing: I recall sending you two messages. Don't hide it. ;)
  4. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

Yeah you totally did but it be be redundant to post it as they say more of the same thing. I also thought you weren't going to send me a message before blocking me hmm?
    I also didn't warp the story guy, that's straight up what happened. Your two supports, sniper (I think?), assault (I'm pretty sure of), and you as a tank camped right side with firebases and I threw airstrikes in the general direction as I pretty much couldn't miss.

I don't quite know what your problem is with walking into airstrikes and down lanes but you'll continue to pay for it by people who use ejectors and such as long as you do so. One more question...how would a PC MNC "fix" all of the problems that you were ranting about in your bio?
  5. Roy Campbell

Roy Campbell New Member

The "make your retort so I can block you" bit is pretty standard with me. All I expect on Xbox Live is a "fuk u faggot" in reply so that's why I put it there. I felt I needed to honor your reply with a reply, although you lazily used your microphone of which I could barely hear you anyway.

I was just going to ignore your post in reply to me, but man, your smug attitude just drew me back in. I want a PC version for dedicated servers, mod support, less douchebags (waaaaaay less douchebags), free online, less spam and garbage players. Much of this is evident with my switch to TF2 on the PC. The community was miles ahead in (fair) skill and manners. And also, less hopping around. Since MNC is on the console that is home to the Halo series, it's obvious the PC version of MNC would have less of that as well. Would probably have less camping too, like snipers. So tired of being killed by a sniper only to compare games and see that they have any number of Call of Duty titles and Madden in their recently played list.

But yeah, I was done here even before I started, but here you go. Again, I'm not explaining how this went down; I've got to get to work and even if I didn't have work, I barely remember. I have much, much bigger things to remember and worry about than this. You have fun with your warping of stories in the future, as if it's a never ending popularity contest with threads like this. *sigh* Mankind at its finest, eh? :\
  6. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

I very rarely lag. The hitboxes aren't broken. You talk about sniper camping and yet want to play the game with a mouse? "Less hopping around"? How about learn to shoot, who gives a crap if some crappy players jumps around. I rarely even see that. The community on TF2 is no better than MNC. PC in general is no better than xbox outside of Halo. Yes, I own and play both. Imagine if everyone on PC had a headset readily available. Yeah.

You are exhibiting typical "I got owned and I'm upset about it" behavior. Your comments regarding the game are laughable. I play most days and I can count the time I've seen actual cheating on 1 hand. They aren't cheating just because you lost. Learn to play.
  7. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

I do that as support and it's actually smart do so. Why? Because so many people can't aim well when its not a straight line. If you can't kill someone in the 5 seconds it takes to drain then you (and I'm being general here) can't aim! I do it with shotguns also against other shotgun totting support because I can aim just as well in the air while a lot of supports cannot.

The major benefit though is that you can avoid most of the effect and a good chunk of the damage from Gunner slam, Tank & Assault charge and Assassin/Sniper grapples etc. Quite frankly I think it's stupid of folk to stick to the ground only and leave themselves more vulnerable to such.
  8. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

As I said in another thread, jumping supports are only difficult in lag when the grapple comes out late or just straight up misses for no reason. If you're patient you can always grapple a bunny hopper with good timing and shooting shouldn't be that much of a huge deal. On the flip side playing support lately I found myself subconsciously hopping around the map as I was playing.
  9. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

I jump slams, but otherwise I just shoot the guy. I've never died because the other guy was jumping. If they jump, I know where they'll be a second later. I never play much assassin in xfire though, I imagine it would mess with grappling. Assassins are fodder usually, I see them a mile away. I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but I think you're way better off just shooting than trying to jump around, as it's ineffective against anyone with an ounce of skill. I only jump when there's a reason too (like slams).