A million units,really?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by devastator1302, February 2, 2014.

?

How many units could you control at once?

1. 500

12.0%
  2. 1.000

8.0%
  3. 3.000

8.0%
  4. 5.000

6.0%
  5. 10.000

2.0%
  6. 15.000

2.0%
  7. Over 15.000

62.0%
  1. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

Ideally when you have so many units, buildings and units will have enough built in intelligence that I might not even need to give said unit an order directly during it's entire life time...
  2. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

A million units,really?
    Yarly.jpg
  3. v4skunk84

v4skunk84 Active Member

I do not think it will be possible to have a million units for at least 2 years. Hardware limitation.
  4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

That could be true, but really, hardware is the only limitation at this point, and I'm sure we can get some nice software tricks to get around that if we're creative enough. Other than that, controlling a million units is no harder than one thousand, especially if you're going to group them all in a giant deathblob anyway. The main concern should be controlling multiple planets at once, that is much more challenging.
  5. godde

godde Well-Known Member

Well it really depends on what you demand from the units and how complex behaviours they should perform. If they are just standing still without shooting or anything, the hardware requirements can be really low.
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

True, although it might be a little dull?
  7. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

It's not like you need to micro them. I don't see how controlling a million units is any different than controlling 100. If you can swarm rush with 100 units then swarm rushing with 1,000,000 isn't much harder. Also, with CNTRL Z selecting all those units is easy. Hit attack near enemy targets and watch automation do the rest.

Automation is the key to controlling lots of units. I could control a million-fo-fillion units. Why isn't that an option in the poll?
  8. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

A game over 10k units will crashSo the limit for 6 people is like 1500 each.
    I believe the engine cap is 10k units total. After that crashes happen.
  9. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

Sorry Clopse, just realized that you were talking about TA not PA.
    Last edited: February 3, 2014
  10. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I though the unit limit was around 5 million? Like after a certain point it goes from 5 mill and defaults to 0, killing everything.