A likely explanation

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by emraldis, August 20, 2015.

1. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Regarding the whole "backers got it free, but those who paid 90$ on steam did not" deal, I think I have a reasonable explanation as to why this may have occurred. Although I believe that those who paid over 60$ should get a free copy, if not a more generous discount, I think I may understand why UBER has not yet done such a thing. The way I see it, is that when you buy something on kickstarter, you give UBER your steam ID and such for backer rewards. This makes it easy for them to send you a free copy of the expansion for your support. When you buy PA early access on steam, there is a good chance that they have a much harder time accessing the record of your purchase there, much less the steam ID it was tied to. It may be possible to find out, but given that they are a fairly small and busy team, I think that they elected to continue improving the game rather than filtering people of different pricing points out of their steam customer list...

DISCLAIMER: I can't say if this is accurate at all, but it seems to me a reasonable explanation.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah this occurred to me as well.
  3. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

This may be difficult, to be sure.

There is however another option. There are owned-by dates. Compare those to the prices at the time and bang.
    Done.

Course it's easier said than done but I think uber owes it to those who gambled on their 90-dollar unfinished game.
  4. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

Also maybe there is a issue with steam policy on giving away free games. (kickstarter might be the exception)
    Not that i think Uber needed to give anyone free gifts.