A class tutorial stage

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by NeoCyberman, July 4, 2011.

1. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I'm getting all my ideas together for the assault tutorial before I go back to trying to create a stage.

One thing I'm stuck on is trying to figure out how the assault is going to be instructed on proper bomb usage other than "Set Bomb. Trigger Bomb." I'd enjoy some advice on this.

What will be taught
    -Use of flight to bridge gaps
    -Use of bomb to start an attack
    -Use of charge for attack and travel
    -Use of passive for more DPS

These points will be covered in a short interactive demo. Upon completion newbie should understand purchasing and using the Assault skills as well as his weapons.
    This will be done by using cues to guide the player through an indoor map.

What will not me taught
    -Advanced tactics
    -Bomb Jumping
    -Bots are the key to winning
    -Which weapon damages MB faster

Keep in mind I'd like to get a final written idea done that requires the least amount of voicework. I want to refine this in a manner that is presentable and agreeable by the forum community. Then create a model to fit the ideas.
  2. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

Assault Tutorial!

• Start game!
      Click 'Multiplayer'!
      Select a server with at least 1 person playing!
      Spawn as an 'Assault' class!
      Play until you stop being a bad!

The sort of people that can't figure out that jet-packs can cross gaps, or that a bomb can be used to attack other players (as opposed to unblocking the sink or something) are not the type of people that would be remotely interested in sitting through a tutorial (assuming they can use a keyboard and mouse well enough to select it). You're assuming all these bad players are remotely interested in being good, rather than them just wanting a quick 10 minute blast in a fun, cartoony-looking game. You can not make bad players good. Only they can do it for themselves. You also cannot try to give people advice online; they'll take it as an insult, unless they asked first.

Pretty bored that 80% of the threads on here being 'Lets all help the new players/Tutorial thread' now.

:evil: