A big new update coming soon?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by stevedaman1228, July 10, 2013.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I am so, so, sorry, but I couldn't resist.
  2. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Damnit, Raevn. Stop messing with people. ;-)

The build currently isn't looking great. Trying to figure out what's going on. Early game is fine, but right now, as soon as there's more than a little action, the server is getting slammed.

Build tonight, not looking likely. Gonna need some fixes.
  3. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Son of a.. You got me there ><
  4. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Go to sleep. Now. I'm not staying up any longer mashing the F5 key, and you aren't helping yourself by going to work in the morning fueled purely by caffeine and a sugary breakfast.

I think we can wait one more night :p, both players and developers.
  5. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

In my office we call it read-only Friday. We do not adhere to this rule however :)
  6. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

:eek: I'm pretty good with servers, they always call me when they need kicking, could try it for you guys too ;) :ugeek:

Thanks for still trying to get this out on Friday evening 11pm (guess thats about your time) the amount of dedication you guys put into this never ceases to amaze me. (Then again... If you call awake at 4am, and tell me a server is down, I'll grab my laptop while still being sleep drunk... And will fix it, whether it is by going left or right, fixed it will be)

Edit: Must save above 6 posts in signature, to legendary... :twisted:
    Edit2: OMG... 256 char limit :( hitting 420... :( But Will Find a Way!
  7. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

So.. we're pinging about 2mbps constant download in the build. That's clearly the problem, and a clear sign we can't push. Even a few games would make the overall alpha unplayable for everyone. THat's a lot of non-stop bandwidth being pushed. We'll figure out what's going on and hopefully ahve it resolved this weekend, but if not, should be easy to get things back to normal on Monday.

Just glad there's a stable, good build up live right now. :) Just damnit. Eager to get this build out to you all. There's cool **** to be seen! (tm)
  8. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

Gotcha, you'll figure it out over the weekend, or on Monday ;) Keep up the good work!

Guess its all up to debug mode on, and figure out which piece of code is sending to much traffic :p (wish a wireshark could help you, but that would give you the raw packets in hex format, and would most likely give you more headaches trying to figure that out than just digging through the debug log.)

P.S. The Epic quote... got kinda ruined by image dimensions and char limit... either way, it still looks pretty good :p
  9. beanspoon

beanspoon Member

10. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

Advertising your own thread on other threads is lame. Oh btw did I mention raevn is evil for posting screenshots like that.

I really hope it's out before sunday, so we can enjoy this sunday = PA day with new content :D
  11. vipez

vipez Member

I hate you so much :cool:
  12. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

No you don't ;) :lol: :mrgreen:
  13. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Thank you for not quite getting a new build out- I really did have stuff to do this weekend that wouldn't have gotten done if that were published! :)
  14. beanspoon

beanspoon Member

I've seen a lot of posts popping up recently complaining that there is no update yet, and don't have the time to reply the same message to each one individually. If you need clarification please PM me and I'll explain.
  15. khazar1

khazar1 Member

Yeah, you want to give us that **** and then ********* us with that **** and we ******* with the ***** so that you can *****..... :twisted:

Looking forward to the new build since it will introduce some new ways of doing something. :lol: Not tot mention that we finally get closer to outer space and the actually new and pure innovative stuff in PA. ^^

P.S....... I'm awesome at debugging code.. just putting it out there... :ugeek: ;) After all it is my go to thing at work, when I'm sick of my current projects, that I will wander to my colleagues and look if they are debugging right now and then help them.

Suuuuuure.. :roll: :lol:
  16. commiecomrade187

commiecomrade187 New Member

I cant wait for the new build expand my bot army to spread the bronys to the moon and other planets and make the USS enterprise in the process!!! :D

RainbowDash
  17. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

what!?!?! Bronies in MY SECTOR!?!?!

THIS WILL NOT STAND!!!! :evil:

i kid, i kid. :lol: i share your overal enthusiasm for this update in the works.
  18. commiecomrade187

commiecomrade187 New Member

Okay i went full brony XD ill keep it at 20% brony then XD and say mostly PA things
  19. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member