[65503] Galactic War - Failed To Start Game

Discussion in 'Support!' started by liq3, May 22, 2014.

1. liq3

liq3 New Member

So, I start the game, go into GW, play a game vs the AI, it works fine. Then I try to start another one, and it fails endlessly with "Failed to start game". Have to restart PA to fix it.
  2. machdown

machdown New Member

This is happening consistently for me as well. In a Galactic War I can successfully fight the first AI encounter but I get 'Failed to start game' error on clicking Fight on any subsequent encounters. I've tried in 4 separate Galactic Wars now with the same result.

I'm not sure if there is any relevant log file I could provide? I'm not receiving any visible crash per se, just that message.

edit: wait a sec, just had a different result. I initially saw the 'Failed to start game' for a few seconds and then saw a 'Login accepted' message, followed by planet generation and a battle. The 'not working on 2nd battle' aspect may be a red herring, could just be an intermittent login issue.
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  3. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

+1

And getting it alot.
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  4. chiefra

chiefra New Member

Came here to post that I have been also getting failed to... after first AI encounters on multiple saves. It has been like that since the update.
  5. prime1309

prime1309 New Member

+1 I am having the same problem as everyone above.

It works perfectly up until I finish my first fight scenario. After that I cannot start any new fights until I completely exit the game and restart.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

7. archmagecarn

archmagecarn Active Member

Yep, getting this issue too. And I was one jump away from the faction leader...
  8. CounterFact

CounterFact Active Member

+1. I get it a lot. Very annoying, might be connected with the "failed to retrieve gamelist" bug. Because whenever I get it and then proceed to multiplayer, I get that message. Which usually comes afther playing a game of multiplayer, and since GW is basicly a multiplayer match vs AI..
  9. beanspoon

beanspoon Member

+1 Happens every time I play
  10. lonewingman

lonewingman New Member

Seems to work if you hit Escape when you get the error message.