59607 Linux no-go

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by proudlikeagod, February 5, 2014.

1. proudlikeagod

proudlikeagod New Member

Hi,

So I just tried to get PA working on Linux, specifically Mint 15 32bit.

Firstly the download from http ://download.uberent.com/PA/PA_Linux_59607.tar.bz2?Policy=...snipped...
    failed to complete 3 times, while no other download or internet issues have happened with this pc.

Now I've got a file that unzips without truncation error, I find a PA folder and a PA binary in it.
    cd in and then ./PA
    cannot execute binary file

I have a look around here, but it seems that's what I should be doing. I see no readme.txt or anything useful in the other files & folders that unpacked.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

PA don't have 32-bit builds for Linux and won't likely will have them, ever.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

In this reguard, you can't get x64? If you don't have the hardware to support x64, you probably can't run the game. If you do have the hardware, EVERYTHING should basically run better on x64.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Most of CPUs since 2006 support 64-bit instruction set and there only few low-end Atom's that not support it, but hardware they were bundled with in Netbooks can't handle PA anyway.
  5. proudlikeagod

proudlikeagod New Member

No worries, that just wasn't clear.
    My 32bit Mint is just a temporary thing, hopefully I'll be back to having 64bit Win7 and Linux as options soon.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Best of luck. Please return if you have anything else we can help you with.