$50 2v2 Tournament

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Clopse, March 31, 2014.

1. totalannihilation

totalannihilation Active Member

f*ck this world, I didnt want to live in it anyway

At least Clopse is showing up in his own tournament
    Last edited: April 12, 2014
    Clopse likes this.
  2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

That's how I felt.

One or the other on a team, i can deal with. Otherwise.....
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

So what's the irc channel going to be?
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

You wimps :p
  6. Quitch

clopseys have always used the standard planetaryannihilation room I believe.
  7. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

We are going to hold it in a moderated channel:
    #patournaments on Esper

Only for players !
    @clopse can you update first post please.
    Clopse likes this.
  8. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

what is the channel name?
  9. Quitch

#patournaments
  10. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for attending the tournament.

Big thank to Clopse for letting the eXodus crew to handle this, it was a very valuable experience for all of us, thank you!

Thanks to all the participants for staying professional during the whole tournament, thanks for following our orders, it was pretty smooth this time. We all need to get used to IRC a little bit more. I will look into better way of communicating, but IRC is a good choice, we all just really need to keep in mind to check for updates there :)

Thanks to all the viewers and supporters, thanks for bearing with us this long, it was one long of a tournament! At the end we all were quite exhausted, but those who lasted to the very end witnessed really awesome battles, both finals were tense and even the semifinals and quarterfinals were just awesome battles.

Last but not least, thanks to all of the crew, my assistants Proeleert and Tripax for handling the challonge and PA Stats fast and smooth and ZaphodX for awesome casting.

I really hope to see you all again in near future! The next big event that is on the schedule is Supernova Showdown hosted our team from Exodus Esports on 26th April. I will be very looking forward to that :)

Now go sleep! It is super late :)
    cdrkf and zaphodx like this.
  11. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

yes. I have. I have definitely received notifications which said 'XYZ tagged you in a post'. I had no idea they were not working until someone tagged me this week...

They most definitely were working.

Maybe they were disabled because we kept tagging devs in stuff?

I also haven't had the tag in quotes working reliably. I think the notifications are bugged tbh.
  12. cdrkf

I'd very much like a post covering the final standings (I know they're on Challonge however it would be nice to show here as well) with a list of all the matches that were cast.

I'd personally like to watch our match vs Gandalf and Burnstcustard- they very much got in the driving seat on that one and we made some silly mistakes so would be helpful to review for future (hopefully Zaphod was kinds with his commentary- although he usually is, also sorry for keeping you guys waiting I hadn't noticed the PM's on IRC!).

I'd also love to go through the videos of the finals as I'm sure they were epic.
  13. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Sorry if this is obvious, but will there be a place I can watch the videos of matches, as I missed the tourney?
  14. cdrkf

I'm guessing Zaphod hasn't had time to upload anything yet as there's no vids from the tourney on his you tube channel or on PAMatches.com (however there are vids from the King of The Planet tourney now). So I'm guessing we'll see them next week.

Edit: You can already get the vids on Twitch:
    http://en-gb.twitch.tv/zaphodx1/profile/pastBroadcasts
    drz1 likes this.
  15. Quitch

cdrkf likes this.