3 Star Max in Uber Official Servers

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Rogueblades, March 30, 2011.

1. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

I find it quite the opposite, if you do badly you get a hefty star point reduction but if you do good you hardly get any star points at all, I've even had star points removed for winning a game. If it was removed all together then it would be much simpler and just have something replace it like level or something like that.
  2. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I would be ecstatic at it being removed, but I don't see that happening.

Ideal situation. It gets removed from servers. No one can see your star rating other than you in your locker room. It gets used for matchmaking. If the system becomes a good measure of skill, this would really help games being unbalanced in pubs. I just don't think this should be on the list of things other players know.

Best situation I see as likely. It stays in servers, uber servers are always open to everyone. 3/4 star minimum servers are added for the whiners out there.
  3. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

i strongly agree to this idea. stat-tracking match-made rounds would be ossum for competitive play
  4. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

I support this.
  5. arseface

I just meant for team organizing in pubs. But if the comps want it, sure, I'm fine with that.
  6. Trail

Trail New Member

Why does Uber still have 3 star servers?
  7. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

why not?
  8. eternal

eternal New Member

I think he means "why hasn't uber fixed it yet"

I know that when I want to play usually the LAX servers are populated but every single one is 3star max and I can't get in.

Either add some variation to star rating max on the servers, or simply make all official servers have a 5star max rating so everyone can get into the uber servers.
  9. Trail

Trail New Member

Even if you're 3 stars you still cannot play on it.

The match you are trying to join is running an incompatible version of the game. Please try upgrading your game version.
  10. eternal

eternal New Member

I haven't had this problem. I literally JUST finished a game on Uber LAX (I had to go to a server and intentionally play awful to drop my star rating down to 3.99 though to get in lol.)
  11. arseface

Verify your game cache, uninstall reinstall, and if these don't work post in the feedback and issues section.

You've been outpatched buddy. I have no idea why steam isn't auto updating, but these are the things I would try to troubleshoot with, in order.
  12. Trail

Trail New Member

Uber hasn't bothered to upgrade all their servers.
  13. killien

killien Active Member

You don't even have to do that really. Just find an empty server, win it with 0 deaths and 0 kills and you'll drop by like .5
  14. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

This sucks, I literally have no servers I can play on now that I'm 4 star. The ones with acceptable ping are empty or with 1 person in and the rest of the good ping are 3 star. The others are with a ping more than 150ms>. So I can't play it even if I wanted to.
  15. Vlane

Vlane New Member

150 is not unplayable.

Maybe if you would stop leaving servers you would get some of that sweet good karma.
  16. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

I havent seen one east coast server with a star rating over 3.

Took me 15 minutes to find a game last night because either servers were full or Ubers servers having only 3 stars.

The funny thing is, every time i see an uber server, its not even FULL!!

Stop catering to the QQ'ers Uber! We all paid for this game. Why ban (yes, this is a ban) people who paid for your game because they are good?
  17. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

I said more than 150ms, that is my limit for playability. At 150ms there is a lot of lag and weird stuf happening so it's just not worth it. I only leave servers if there is literally no point to me playing if the other team has the obvious upper hand. They have money and/or juice and all skills and I have no upgrades. It's alright for you as a sin as you don't need upgrades to kill bots you just hit and run, not very likely with a gunner though is it.
  18. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Gunner and assassin are very similar in terms of skills. Both take passive over anything and from there on out it's preference and class related.

And just because a team has the upper hand does not mean that they are gonna win.
    I sometimes join games where my team is pretty much done for and still managed to destroy the enemy moneyball first.
  19. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

Yeah maybe sometimes that is possible but on arenas like Ammo Mule and Steel Peel where you can be blocked in for gunners that is game over but sins can sneak past with cloak and cause all sorts of havoc.
  20. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

Well this is bloody marvelous isn't it, there seems to be hardly any servers playable for long periods of time. Most servers I've seen today is about 8, 4 of them I couldn't play without major lag and 1 was 3 star.

http://i.imgur.com/ubLIf.png