2012 Private Match Community

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by teapot, January 31, 2012.

1. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

If your playing privates and you don't use your bomb to kill a sniper i have no clue why your playing with us.
  2. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying, it is fairly basic information and sounds easy. Sometimes the problem is getting TO the sniper past the PM level gunner, tank, and assault, and then having enough resources left to take out the sniper. Knowing how to navigate that mess is the actual challenge, not "how do I use the X button?"...

It is sort of like being support; a lot of newer players get that role because it is the easiest to summarize "overheal the gunner ALL THE TIME" but actually takes a bit of effort to simply be able to keep up with guys like Miracle and Skill without actually getting in their way - especially because in pubs you don't typically leash people, and when you do they usually aren't that mobile so the only way to learn it is in the PM itself...
  3. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

im proud of you teapot <3
  4. joker

joker Active Member

I like how in a years time assault went from the easy class everybody played to the most important playmaking do-everything style class for a teams offense.
  5. RandomToon

Might be out for a day or two - RROD. I am downloading the game on my spare XBox, but it is old and might not have enough disk space at the moment. I will buy a new one tommorow.
  6. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

**** that. Sniper is the biggest playmaker.

But it sucks, because it's rarely a true even match-up unless I'm against Knives.
  7. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

I find Gunner is. How many times has Miracle stomped the other team because the other Gunner wasn't as good as him?
  8. The_Jeff

The_Jeff New Member

@Wildman
    I see where you are going with that, although I wouldn't consider the gunner a playmaker. A gunner can capitalize on a great play but they have to be given opportunities by an assault bomb, sniper head shot, or support airstrike. So I guess what I am saying is I would consider an assault or sniper the play maker. The gunner is more like a pitcher in baseball. The match up is incredibly important in order the give your team a fighting chance, but although it may be very hard, a team with a poor gunner can beat a team with a good gunner.
  9. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Once the Gunner kills the enemy gunner, he can fairly easily kill the support and usually the tank. That's half the team (sometimes more or less) killed because the other Gunner wasn't as good. Yes your team can help out the Gunner, but ultimately it comes down to whether your Gunner can push forward after that and get even more kills.

If the assault or sniper kill the enemy assault / sniper, they can't push as well into the enemy base to keep them dead as well as the gunner could. Sure they can help out and maybe get some kills, but not as well as the Gunner can be at spawn camping.
  10. The_Jeff

The_Jeff New Member

Good point.
  11. De Troll

De Troll New Member

Sniper is easily the biggest play-maker class, but only if you're good at it. Lately I've been able to dominate as long as the teams aren't totally stacked. Gunner is helpful too, but only against uncoordinated/bad teams. But this only leads back to my point that private games are totally different from organized team games. Gunner has a pretty small impact in those settings, but it makes a huge difference in private games.
  12. De Troll

De Troll New Member

And Wildman, welcome to tank! That doesn't just happen to you, it's there for everyone. That's why my tank goes from great to cheater-status depending on whether or not I host.
  13. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

On European host it's only my jetgun which is affected, not just the aformentioned problems :| If only there was a good european host, that way I would actually do well on all my classes.
  14. theyieldingram

theyieldingram Member

I love Tank-jumping out of the arena when I charge from the lanes or the lower levels of an arena, entirely on the ground throughout the entire duration of the charge. I just randomly ascend as I would in a Tank-jump off an armament or something like that.

"Did Ram just fall off the map again?"
  15. RandomToon

Does the list need any updating?
    I think I should be a definitely since I always join when invited. ;)
    Add anything but assault for classes - I may be trash at all of them, but assault is the only one I find actually not fun to play...
  16. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

How often are these PM's even happening?
  17. RandomToon

Every other night or so. Goldielocks had one going last night, Shammas had one a couple of nights ago. I have been trying to get some going as well, but have not had as much luck as other people - I don't know how to get in touch with people other than seeing who is on, whereas some others have the ability to text\twitter people.

Do you think at least one dedicated time would be helpful?
  18. De Troll

De Troll New Member

We've been playing them just about daily, and usually 3-6 at a time.
  19. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

One dedicated time would be good. That way I wouldn't be too busy watching all of Shepard's friends die in dramatic ways with awesome music playing behind it.
  20. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

ME3 is bad