2 months to release and the game feels like pre-alpha and is a letdown. Please delay the release.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by larse, October 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nephandys

nephandys Member

Uber ain't Valve. You compare the two companies repeatedly in this thread but you are comparing an almost universally known company with proven successes to one almost no one has ever heard of with 0 titles that were viable over any considerable length of time.
    Clearly you've never played another title made by this company before if this is how you think. I'm sure they're not going to make any conscious decision to ruin the game but look at MNC and SMNC they're deserted wastelands. That's a direct product of decisions that they made (IMO).

As far as the thread in general, pretty sure there was a post by neutrino (pardon my laziness) saying basically odds are they can't afford to delay launch for that long due to funding. I'd bet on the game still coming out this month or next and what follows is the same thing that followed for their other titles. It makes me sad that they repeatedly appear to be making the same business mistakes.
  2. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Which is?
  3. nephandys

nephandys Member

Launching unfinished or extremely buggy games and overpromising while underdelivering for starters.

None of this is meant to troll either. This is just my honest to god opinion based on 3+ years of playing their games. I've met many of the folks that work there and they're awesome people and I don't mean them any disrespect. I'm simply commenting on their company as its own entity.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Those are the usual problems any developer has who has not billions of $ to spare.

... sadly
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I really do hope Uber takes a serious look at sacrificing some short-term profit and delaying the release at least til mid January, This next patch MIGHT change my opinion, but what patch hasn't released new bugs into the wilderness for us to fend off? Right, none EVER. :)
  6. cola_colin

I think developers pushing out games too early is usually not about short-term profit but rather about short term money shortage. Most developers hate it to release unfinished stuff, I am pretty sure of it.
  7. mered4

I completely agree. But it still comes down to SHORT-TERM.

Would a short-term sacrifice HERE lead to a greater profit later?

Such a tough question and I wish them the best of luck in answering it.
  8. menchfrest

menchfrest Active Member

I think Colin's point was that they reach the point of not having enough money for things like food/electricity/bills at which point it's not sacrifice to finish the game, it's file for bankruptcy.
  9. mered4

Maybe I am referring to loans......

Im not really sure
  10. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Thread title wish granted! Game is now delayed until 2014.
  11. superouman

superouman Post Master General

hurray!
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

So long, sucker!

Talking about the thread.
  13. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

This has been on page 1 for far too long. Hoping no one will post after me (please)
  14. unix1985

unix1985 New Member

Yeah, we should all stop bumping this thing... oops.
  15. cola_colin

It's dead now :p
    LavaSnake likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.