2 months to release and the game feels like pre-alpha and is a letdown. Please delay the release.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by larse, October 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

Nope. I would adapt gladly if fighting against the UI was a tradeof of something unique & awesome.
    It's not (for the moment). It's just tedious and remove a lot of awesomeness (ie. only flat maps & short range engagements).

So yes, as there is no real improvement in the gameplay brought by the spherical nature of the maps, I except Uber to at least make the UI able to deal to overcome the issues it adds.
    kalherine likes this.
  2. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

... except PA has strategic zoom?
  3. thepilot

It has a zoom. It's not strategic.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I am curious, how so?
  5. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

"Awesome" was their pet word during kickstarter and early development, of course it is part of marketing, but I think it also indicate a much more optimistic attitude compare to now.
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

@ pilot
    there might be no improvement on gameplay but the thing is it`s a bit different take on it and it is a barraiser on the challenge of how much one can manage.. as we know there are different types of players ... those that brawl on a 1v1 on 1 maybe 2 or 3 small planets for a comparably small timeperiod per match and those who rather have more intrest in the multifaction 4x-ish part of the game.. as i see it supcom and PA offer a good ammount of grayareaoptions were surely the more competitive players may play on rather smaller maps\systems but the more casual players may have more interest in the multiple opponent and\or big map \multiplanetplay

as for UI .. well that remains to be seen
  7. thepilot

Strategic would means that de-zooming would allow me to have an overview of the battlefield and decide what to do at a macro level.

It doesn't give me an overview, I have to tediously rotate around the planet, adding unnecessary micro, and so removes macro.

Not talking of the fact that the icons are messy, that orbital level visually conflict with land level, and so confuses more than it helps.
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It should work a lot better on larger planets, but currently most people only want to play on the smallest.
  9. thepilot

Well, that's the problem. Currently, PA requires ton of micro because of the design (spherical planets), while it's aiming on a high macro level of play (that doesn't exist currently).

And at the same time, where the micro should happens (managing units) is dull because, I guess, they think it must be "simple" because of the scale.
    But then, the only thing that could be interesting is not.

The current implementation actually defeat the goal they are trying to achieve, that's why I will keep saying it's an horrible design until they've fixed it.

Problem is that there is a lot RTS that cover a wide area of gameplay -Even what PA is trying to do- (from starcraft 2 to Sins of a Solar Empire, passing by FA, or RUSE/Wargame for macro RTS), and PA miss what it's aiming (a bigger scaled RTS with little to no micro).

Not alone in its domain + not successful to fulfill his promises = Why bother with it?
    Last edited: November 10, 2013
  10. bytestream

bytestream Active Member

That's a little naive.

I'm not saying that neutrino is lying or that Uber can't make the game happen, that they can't deliver what they promised, on the contrary, I really believe they can. However, there is also no reason to stop being worried just because someone said "everything is fine" without backing his statement up with verifiable facts.
    The game is supposed to be released next month but it still misses a lot of features as well as probably half of it's unit roster and has some performance issues. If those things don't get sorted out before release the initial reviews probably won't be good at all, which would be a real shame considering how great the game can be. People are not panicking, they are expressing their concerns because they love PA.
    wilhelmvx likes this.
  11. alucardex2

alucardex2 Member

This thread is really getting silly....
    We already have a message from the devs. December release is not set in stone and they have the money to extend developement.
    What more do you want? People have voiced their concerns and they have heard you so what is the point of continuing this thread?
    Grimseff likes this.
  12. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Whats the point have , different types of players ,iff we dont have , different types of tactics here!

FA(F) players play any kind situation,we learn to be flexible ,FA(F) teach us that.
    Multitasking for us become a funny hobby.
  13. MrTBSC

while games may cover different gameplay non of them tried what PA does : combining ground and spacewarfare on multiple planets simultaniously and before someone brings in metal fatigue the battlefields in it didn`t realy interact with each other ... in PA they will ...

THIS is the main reason why i bother about this game
    if you look on just gameplay then you could as well just go back and play TA Supcom or those TA-iterations like zero-k
    but they won`t ever offer you the scope PA does

to me it is alone in that domain
  14. thepilot

I know what PA can offer, that's why I'm still bothering posting on these forums.

But right now, it fail delivering that. Sure they can delay the release, but still I would like to see a step in the right direction before the end of the year :)
  15. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

your thoughts are very nice.

But that dont pass to the field,PA for now dont offer nothing off that.

Dont say that ,Supcom or FAForever won`t ever offer you the scope PA does,because iff you say that ,you never play Forged aliance.

What you say its the same has ( iff you dont like drive this mini ,then go back to your old ferrari )
  16. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

First, the delay is not certain yet, while it really should be.
    Second, Uber was comparing the potential delay to the alpha delay, which was less than a month. The release delay really should be vastly longer than that.
    Last edited: November 10, 2013
  17. MrTBSC

@kalherine

more like if you don`t like this hummer that has some kinks that just need to be ironed out yet
    then go back to your mercedes m class
    ( i think that makes sense .... does it?)

@ pilot
    i won`t say it fails to deliver (even though stuff is missing)
    things are simply to be more optimised yet
  18. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Perhaps it makes sense to you, if you're accustomed to using hummers with used parts and without tires.

For me not really!;)
  19. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

Archron could be played in multiple time points simultaneously.
    And there are double layers games like Earth 2150, Armies of Exigo, Dragonshard.
    It reminds me how multiple battlefields feel better when they are more like a unified whole instead of several seperate areas.
    Last edited: November 11, 2013
  20. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Agreed. We have a "zoomable" view.

We currently have nothing where we can see "strategically".
    We are expecting an overview, a "see everything view".
    tatsujb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.