$1000 backers are making their money back

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by duncane, September 11, 2014.

1. duncane

duncane Active Member

stuart98, blocky22, zgrssd and 5 others like this.
  2. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Read this on Facebook. Good! That's awesome.
    Uber have developed a sucessful kickstarter incentive right there. Other companies should learn from this.

I'm still too skinflint to buy one though lol :D
    websterx01 likes this.
  3. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I saw someone talking about how they hadn't gotten any money yet, the other day. Presumably they have now? I couldn't work out if they were trolling. Aristocrat or something.
    Awesome news though, now I wish I'd backed at $1000 ;)
  4. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

That is really cool. Nice way to make residual money.
  5. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

Not all of the custom commanders have been released yet, so there is that.
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The article says that Uber only make a payment once the total raised (of the backers share) reaches $300. It's quite possible that some of the backers haven't sold enough to raise that- also there are technically going to be 91 commanders available and only a handful were in the store last time I checked so his commander might not be on sale yet?
  7. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I think I recognised the name as a comm on the store, but yeh maybe not made enough yet to get a cheque.
  8. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

So does this mean there will eventually be 90 or so commanders up for sale? You'd be happy to get your commander up on the store first. Also makes me wonder if we'll ever see any more free commanders or is 7 the total. How does one decide how many commanders is enough for the base game and the rest you have to pay extra? Supreme Commander only had three variants, one for each faction, so 7 is pretty good I guess.
  9. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I'd really like to see more comm skins, and hopefully some bundle deals, as I missed the original sale price because I couldn't justify paying out for it. Now I have money, but the comms are back up to 10-20 dollars :( or whatever it is pounds...
  10. liquius

That's not quite what I meant. Currently there are a total of 23 commanders in the game files. That includes the basic commanders that everyone has as well as the one-offs like the beast and able commanders. Once Uber has fully satisfied all there backer rewards, we should be seeing 100+ commanders.
    drz1 likes this.
  11. thefluffybunny

thefluffybunny Active Member

I'd imagine there will be some more up soon then when those who said no realise its actually worth their while. best start watching the armoury... may even get a price war going if all 90 go up.
  12. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Not necessarily, they may not all be up for it.
  13. Planktum

I'm not a fan of any of the current ones up for sale, so I hope they release some more soon. I'm happy to part with another $10 when the right commander comes along. Can someone confirm that everyone who purchased the game before Feb 2014 get the Ajax commander?
  14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I am sorry, but we have a... turd in the punch bowl... a turd in the punch bowl... code #2... code #2 in the punch bowl, requesting assistance...

tommy_beast:

Came to read about how backers got their money back because the game didn’t meat their expectations. Left dissapointed.

Anyway, the whole project is pretty much a scum since the game is of poor quality.

U wot m8? Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8 I rel8 str8 appreci8 and congratul8...

I posted that the statement was entirely false and while the development had negatives it in no way came close to demanding a refund, especially because kickstarter don't work that way anyway, but he used the term "meat expectations" so he made his arguement look obviously dumb so for that I thank him.

What kind of person find a polygon article talking about a positive aspect of a kickstarter project, sees "planetary annihilation", and says "oh **** gotta stumble up in there and doomsayer it up with negative hoax scam mumbo jumbo"...
  15. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Waiting for knight commander ...... really, can't wait ......
  16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

We don't get Ajax as far as I'm aware (I'm a KS backer and I don't think I'm due any additional coms)...
  17. liquius

If someone had a custom commander and chose to not put it up for sale, the model would still be in the game files.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  18. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Oh well I knew that, I thought you meant we'd see them in the store. :p
  19. Planktum

"We don't"? who is "we"? And who is NOT "we" and is "we do"?
  20. Geers

Geers Post Master General

WE ARE THE BORG.

Couldn't resist.
    squishypon3 likes this.