1 more topic about experimentals.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by sokolek, September 17, 2012.

?

capturable alien factories that produce good, non insane experimentals? Explained below poll.

1. yes

16 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. no

46 vote(s)
    74.2%
  1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

King of the hill mode could be awesome.
  2. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

Impressive search necro.

I like the idea actually. It would be a good Option instead of FFA/ Team deathmatch etc.
  3. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

More game-modes is always more fun!

Id love to have a Age of Empires like list of game modes.
  4. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

How about: No.

Also why even bother with this topic.
    It's been debated to death and beyond, this is a zombie at this point.

Please just stop with the experimentals. It's not going to happen because they would move the focus of gameplay too much. Endgame should be planet smashing, not experimentals.
  5. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

6. chronosoul

An overwhelming amount of people agree that experimentals shouldn't be in the standard "base" game. (This thread is roughly 1.5 years old)

Uber has mentioned the same thing with shields and even weighed the idea of having it post release.

Regardless, maybe a mod or game type will be made with experimental are allowed in play. Why not have it if people want to play with them.
  7. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

Accidentaly voted yes... i say no... to much randomness associated
  8. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

Guys, this is a necroed thread from September.

Please let it die so we don't have to deal with it.
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

September of 2012.
  10. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

The only thing worse than OP experimentals, are experimentals that can only be made by 1 player.

The only thing worse than experimentals that can only be made by 1 player, are experimentals that can only be made by the player that coincidentally spawns closest to the capturable factory.
  11. chronosoul

i'd like to think it would be a pretty cool game mode to have experimental factories that are laced on planets. regardless of location.

I think it would be cool to unlock ancient alien technology of bacon cannons.
    Geers likes this.
  12. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I have suddenly opened up to this idea.
    Geers likes this.
  13. mredge73

mredge73 Active Member

What about an upgradable commander?
    One who has the power of a SupCom experimental but once it is killed, game over.
    The only reason one would send it out in a fight is if the situation got extremely desperate or if it was a sure win.
    I like the idea of the commander leading the charge with hundreds of other units instead of sitting back and hiding behind a wall of fortifications. Just a thought.
  14. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

Although they said they wouldn't go this route, I do approve of this idea. The commander is the only unit that should be more important than the others.

That being said, I assume this idea incluides increasing his HP, passive regen, etc. Which is not as cool as that would just make it too hard to kill the basterd and win.
    One of the things I like about this game is that even if you are desperatly losing, you could still snipe the commander and win. This sorta stops that.
  15. KNight

KNight Post Master General

We've been over that idea as well, it just doesn't fit in with PA.

SupCom had needed Upgrades because of the way tiers were balanced. At T12 A Commander could kill a whole bunch of units no problem and had on average 40x the HP of T1 units so could easily tank damage while your own units went to work, at T2 your commander became a lot more vulnerable, Overcharge worked against isolated T2 units and tight bunches of them but the rate of fire on OC wasn't quick enough to be anything more than a short term solution against a determined foe. At T3 OC still worked on isolated units but there was simply no way it could get off a second shot as long as there were 5+ T3 units left over from the first shot.

The Upgrades were needed to keep the commanders from dying too easily as the game progressed, any "cool-ness" was secondary to that.

Mike