Comments on Profile Post by jobieadobe

1. mkrater
    mkrater
    I like the idea of ranked matchmaking in SMNC! I don't know what it would take to implement this change, but I can put the request in with the team.
    May 23, 2014
  2. jobieadobe
    jobieadobe
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    May 23, 2014
  3. jobieadobe
    jobieadobe
    I'm thinking the best thing would have 2 different types at first elite and novice, and when you click "PIckup Team" it puts you in the corresponding room based on your skill level. Then later on if the player base grows (from not being frustrated by playing elite players) then add an intermediate server in between.
    May 24, 2014
  4. jobieadobe
    jobieadobe
    Oh one more thought. You could tier them by something as simple as player level. But that wouldn't stop elite players from just making new throw away players. Something like XP/mins played i think would work good because after a few games you could really see a players skill level. and they would be assigned the correct teir in short order.
    May 24, 2014
  5. arcturus
    arcturus
    Another great change that would require more work which Uber is busy with Planetary Annihilation to implement would be a better tutorial like a practice game explaining more in game things. I know a lot of people complained lack of strong tutorial.
    May 28, 2014
  6. jobieadobe
    jobieadobe
    Or simply show a slide show with useful tips (like the one that are hidden by default when you die. again, why are those hidden by default?) during the loading screens instead of the bouncing hats. I have to educate new players every day about the annihilator and not feeding stronger players. Not choosing difficult players like the assassin and instead choosing megabeth or assault.
    May 28, 2014