Comments on Profile Post by squishypon3

1. popededi
    popededi
    Definitely willing, but I'm out doing sound on an event right now. I can do after 1600 GMT in the afternoon today though. Just to make it easier, where do you live?
    June 17, 2014
  2. squishypon3
    squishypon3
    USA, Indiana.
    June 17, 2014
  3. squishypon3
    squishypon3
    Also, I didn't mention this, but I sadly can't play until 11pm - 7am, as I have limited broadband, and unlimited during that time.
    June 17, 2014
  4. popededi
    popededi
    It's 4 in the morning there! You're up early! It'll be 1100 in the morning for you when I get home, will that work?
    June 17, 2014
  5. popededi
    popededi
    Wow, I do know from reddit that the broadband situation there is horrid, but I never thought it to be that bad. We can do something over the weekend though.
    June 17, 2014
  6. squishypon3
    squishypon3
    Oh no, internet can be great for people in towns, in fact the US has some of the best internet, the only problem is the coverage for said internet... I live 14 miles outside of a small town, all I can get is satellite internet, which is horrible. If I lived in town I could get 2mb/s unlimited data for much cheaper than I'm currently paying for my internet plan...
    June 17, 2014
  7. popededi
    popededi
    I just heard it's way overpriced for the cost and the unregulated monopolies are killing any chance at advancement. Just to give you a taster: I can get fiber broadband even way outside London, 50up/50down, for £35 a month.

Anyways, how does this weekend sound for ya?
    June 17, 2014
  8. squishypon3
    squishypon3
    Sure thing, also, I've seen really great prices, depends on provider and where you live tbh, all I know is when /I/ lived in England I had 300kb/s xP now, here, I'm getting really bad internet because of how far I am away from a tiny town already. 60 or so dollars (About 40 pounds I think) for 14mbps (Btw I assume that's what you mean XD ) and that's only when I have broadband!
    June 17, 2014
  9. popededi
    popededi
    I so envy you living out there. I live in central London and I'm going absolutely mental.

Yeah, I did mean Mbps. :)

To be fair, BT can suck a lemon as well, their rates on copper are horribly overpriced and the service is bad, even in the middle of the city. On my old contract the best they could physically give me on copper was 6 meg. Fiber FTW!
    June 17, 2014