[WIP/IDEA] [GAMEMODE] [SERVER] One in the Chamber

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Corang, June 9, 2014.

1. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

Okay, so anyone that has played COD knows the basics of this, look it up if you don't.

The idea is that you have your commander with 1 hp and a fairly large speed boost (1.5x to 2x) with no primary weapon. You have enough storage for 1 ubercannon shot but no positive energy income and no blueprints for buildings. Every time you kill another commander, you get your energy back for 2 more ubercannon shots until there is only 1 person left.

My problem lies within the last point, I know how to change weapons, damage, hp, and all that json stuff, but how will I make it so that when you kill another commander you get energy income for ~10 seconds and then it is back to 0? I looked at @cola_colin 's murder party mod, but I don't really understand it. Maybe someone can help me

Thanks for all of your help and ideas, here is my list of things to do

CRITICAL TO FUNCTION
    means that bullet is finished
    • Remove all blueprints (make build.js empty)
    • Lower health of commander (set max_health to 10)
    • Make ubercannon use metal for ammo (set Ammo_type to Metal)
    • Change commander Econ (Metal production to 0 - Metal storage = cost of ubercannon shot)
    • Change commander nanolathing specs (metal consumption 1000 energy consumption 0)
    • Change cost of commander (cost of commander = amount of ammo needed for ubercannon shot)
    • Make wreckage have full hp (change wreckage hp multiplier to 1)
    • Remove commander damage on death (Either completely remove effect or put damage to 0)
    • Make sure ubercannon does enough damage (Make sure damage will always be above 10)
    • Change primary weapon (Set damage to 1 and remove homing, also decrease range 30% Maybe reduce projectile speed, needs testing)
    • Just use Reclaim for secondary for now
    • Increase speed (increase acceleration, turn rate and speed by 75%)
    • Remove tree reclaiming (have to look into how to do this)
    • PLEASE LOOK AT THIS AND TELL ME IF I AM MISSING SOMETHING
    OTHER POSSIBILITIES
    • Increase vision
    • Increase ubercannon range
    • look into a second manual weapon
    • Instead of changing the primary weapon, just use reclaiming for if you run out of ammo?
    Last edited: June 9, 2014
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I would find this as fun as cod, but that is just opinion.

Not sure if spawning another "commander" would create this effect, does spawning commanders spawn it with it's storage full?
  3. trialq

trialq Post Master General

cola_colin's mod spawns a unit which has the eco buffs, when a player does something good or bad. It's a constant effect unless the player finds it and deletes it afaik. What you describe doesn't sound possible with json mods alone. It's possibly possible with some sort of spawn trickery as thetrophysystem suggests, maybe if you can spawn a new commander then delete the old one.
  4. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

if you delete the original commander, you lose the game
  5. thetrophysystem

Nah, just create a copy of the commander, give it a structure model like a pgen, and take away it's gun. And of course, it's regen. But, if it spawned in with it's storage, that would work. If it doesn't, it doesn't.
  6. trialq

trialq Post Master General

How would keeping two commanders affect the win condition?
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I am doubtful spawning a unit/building with storage would fill that storage. I think your best bet is to spawn in a dummy building like murder party and delete it automatically after a set time.
  8. thetrophysystem

Can you spawn in an ammo type, like an explosive, set with friendly fire, set for the same location and with a second delay after the building spawns in? that way, the building spawns in and fills it, then the explosive spawns in and causes destruction.
  9. cola_colin

No idea. Would be helpful, but I don't think there are even any weapons in the game like that?
  10. thetrophysystem

if it spawned in late, it could be a catapult missile. If it spawned in the same place, it might explode due to collision and if friendly fire was on it would do it.
  11. cola_colin

Spawning exactly in the same place might prove to be another problem. Also can we even spawn projectiles directly? I am doubtful.
  12. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Change the ammo_type to metal; you get ammo by reclaiming the commander. It would change timing if multiple commanders came together and you didn't get the immediate reload. You'd also have to mod all the terrain so you couldn't rearm from trees.
  13. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

ooooohhhh me like this one...
  14. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

I just thought of another problem, what should I do if 2 commanders are fighting but they each run out of ammo? In COD you can knife...
  15. wondible

You could shorten the range of the basic weapon to basically melee, but it'll be chance who fires first, or probably simultaneously. Only variable might be turret facing. Maybe if you tweak turn speed there could be some positional play.

Would it work to have two manual weapons? The short-range backup weapon runs off energy, which slowly regenerates. Or maybe just a basic weapon with a really slow rate of fire, so it's possible to dodge and move in.
  16. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

if 2 manual weapons IS possible, I have no idea how keybinds would work...
  17. wondible

I expect they would both fire at once, so you couldn't really use the backup until you'd fired your one-shot.
  18. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

Updated OP
  19. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

Makes sense, but I was thinking about using reclaim for secondary also
    wondible likes this.
  20. thetrophysystem

I am impressed this was achievable. I may try this.