[REL] DoxWars: The Mech Marine Strikes Back. (V0.1)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by LegionDarrath, June 5, 2014.

1. LegionDarrath

LegionDarrath Member

Why a new thread? Since BulletMagnet posted the WIP thread and I'd like to be able to control the first post myself to keep it up to date. So apologies to the powers that be for "double dipping".

With that out of the way, I'm here to answer one simple question: WTF is DoxWars?

It's the PA equivalent of my SupCom mod LabWars where you were pitted against your foes with nothing but your commander, Light Assault Bots, transports to make ghetto gunships, some AA and of course torpedo bombers in case your opponent thinks he's clever for hiding his ACU underwater.

In DoxWars you'll find your commander capable of building a Dox Factory which spews forth the mighty Doxen and Dox Fabricators. You'll find that other units, besides the Astraeus, can not be built. Currently the orbital launcher can be built but only the Astraeus is available from it since I wanted to leave planet smashing in. The fabbers have been modified and can build the Haley's so there is no need for advanced fabbers (which cannot be built).

Long story short, the following units can be built:
    • Bot factory
    • Doxen
    • Bot fabbers
    • Energy plant & storage
    • Metal extractor & storage
    • Radar
    • Orbital launcher
    • Astraeus
    • Haley
    • Walls
    • Teleporter
    • Torpedo launcher (In case your enemy is hiding somewhere in the water you can try and flush him out with these but I'll have to come up with a better solution.)

Give the mod a whirl and post your feedback below and do forgive me if I forgot to mention a unit. Orbital will need some work to get right I'm sure but I felt like removing it altogether and forcing you to play on a single planet would be pretty silly in a game designed to be interplanetary. Currently there are no balance changes included so everything costs as much as it used to, does as much damage as it used to, etc. Depending on feedback this will probably change the future but that requires some playtesting.

Attached Files:

trialq, wondible and cola_colin like this.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Amphibious Dox?
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Perhaps a torpedo could be added to the pelican?
  4. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

My kingdom for a swimming animation for Doxen.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Clearly the correct answer is Scuba Dox.

Clearly.

Mike
  6. LegionDarrath

LegionDarrath Member

Yeah amphibious Dox are probably a much better solution than spamming torpedo launchers/smashing a moon into the planet. This is just a quick first build I did last night. I'm more worried about the orbital gameplay.

Also KNight, what happened to you being Orange or is that not cool anymore? Oh and plz I need scuba Dox.
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Eh, nothing drastic just felt like it needed a change. At least I still sign all my posts! ;p

Mike