[WIP][server] Nuclear Mayhem

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by s03g, March 8, 2015.

1. s03g

s03g Member

What my mod is about:

It makes the game fun and adds a few twists and turns, as an example it makes things explosive such as T2 energy plants and nukes. The mod is playable in stable.

What it introduces to the game:

It introduces a few new units into the game, some of which you've already seen here: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/wip-server-orbital-warfare-overhaul.62878/

Namely: Tesla, SXX, Excalibur, Hailfire, Hammerhead and the Wraith.
    Mega thanks to the Orbital Warfare Overhaul team for allowing me to use their stuff (@nicb1, @emraldis, @mgmetal13).

It introduces boom bots carrying a nuke thus it's a T2 unit, Hornets are able to fire a nuke but are no longer stationary when firing instead they act more like a strategic bomber - get in and get out quickly. Bluehawks are capable of firing a salvo of 5 nukes but when depleted are easy to kill off. In this situation this is where the t1 bomber is best to be used to kill off Bluehawks and other troublesome units.

What's that you can hear? Is it a nuke? Nope that's an Emergency nuke, the catapult is still in the game just with a twin of itself. With a twist. It's T1, the intention is to make it take out swarms of units which it can do brilliantly although it cannot target unit cannon pods.

Grenadiers are able to destroy Emergency nukes with their long range thus making every unit\structure valuable in your conquest of devastation on a planetary scale.

Within the mod you will find some units invisible to radar and able to regenerate health.

For the courageous you can install the AI mod for this mod which makes the AI "Invincible". It makes the whole game play on a different level such as making the AI to take full advantage of gas giants, nukes (loads moar NUKES).

If you feel that you have enough anti-nuke defenses then build more.

There is a new tank on the block namely the Killer. Which is from @Ksgrip, from his mod: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-stinger-is-back-machine-gun-tanks.68216/ It is able to destroy other units whether they are land or air.

All bots are amphibious to give them an edge on all of the other units. Naval has not received any tweaks whatsoever (sorry naval) but this is on my to do list when I'm happy with the land, air and orbital play.

I'm sure there are things that are missing from the description right now as I'm doing this from the top of my head.
    Last edited: June 17, 2015
    Nicb1 likes this.
  2. s03g

s03g Member

Update, it's been uploaded to PAMM, thanks to @Ksgrip for doing that for me :).

Update: the mod is now being fully maintained and uploaded by myself.

I'd like to hear the communities thoughts on the mod please, what needs to be changed, what's good about it etc. please :)
    Last edited: March 11, 2015
    Ksgrip likes this.
  3. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

You know I like the mod what else could be said xd
  4. s03g

s03g Member

that's good :D, would you change anything if you had the choice and why?
  5. s03g

s03g Member

Sorry for taking what you said away from where you had originally posted it but I thought it would make sense for me to reply to it here :).

I've never played TA, I've played FA but that's about it. I liked this idea so I've included it into my mod, apart from the cloaking. The beating heart of this mod is indeed the economy into which I made it so that the uber cannon can fire as rapid as the player can use it but expensive to use energy wise plus it's good at dealing with crowds of units. In which the commander is roughly a tier 1.5 as it's as powerful as a T2 unit but is still vulnerable like a T1 unit :)
    cdrkf likes this.
  6. s03g

s03g Member

Latest update is now live. The AI has been updated and changed slightly to make it even more absurd. It now likes to expand outwards and upwards more than ever before. The AI is up for the challenge, are you?
  7. s03g

s03g Member

Latest update brings radar to the feared T2 units, namely the Bluehawk, Hornet, Vanguard, Gil-e and the Boom bot. No energy no radar for these units and they need it to do their jobs properly if you've not given them any vision. The Boom bot is solely reliant on radar as it has no vision for itself. The above units have had their vision reduced so that they're reliant on radar for their range attacks.
  8. s03g

s03g Member

Major update to the AI. The AI is able to build it's teleporters again (somehow they weren't building them at all apart from the commander). I have been given permission from the OWO team to use their basic AI to make the AI build the extra spacecraft so expect the AI to conquer the orbital layer at some stage. A special shoutout again to @Ksgrip for taking a look at the AI to make it build the extra structures that are in the mod.

update: decreased the amount of energy Boom bots require.
    Last edited: March 24, 2015
  9. s03g

s03g Member

Wow, a whole month has passed and I've done a few major updates. Time to make sure this thread is updated me thinks :).

Ok, the latest update has brought in the AI to build the emergency nuke launchers and Tesla towers. The AI is able to build more than 1 T1\2 factory if it can run it, it will expand at a very rapid rate outwards on it's own planet as well as others if you're playing it on the absurd difficulty.

T2 bombers and Bluehawks are able to fire upon orbital units as I feel that there needs to be a rapid way of defending ones base as opposed to building loads of anti orbital structures.

Fabricators have different attributes e.g. the vehicle fabber is slow moving but has extra health, the bot fabber can move faster but has less health.

In a later update that I am planning I will be tweaking the Catalysts to consume energy. I will be making it so that the player\s cannot turn them on\off as I am aware that you can still fire the laser if they're all off so the best piece of advise is to make sure you have plenty of energy ;)

I would be highly grateful for having any feedback for my mod please.
  10. astuupidbryce

astuupidbryce New Member

when I try to download this on PAMM "Mod 'com.s03g.funmod2' not found."
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Removed from PAMM.
  12. s03g

s03g Member

Gonna start work on this mod again, although it seems as if much has changed that I need to get my head round. I don't know how long it will take me to accomplish this and it would be beneficial if people could let me know if they're willing to play with me to test the mod once I have it sorted out to test the balance.
  13. s03g

s03g Member

Hi, you should be able to download it from the community mods section now as it's been fully updated to work with Titans. It's still a work in progress so things may change. The Tesla tower has been removed along with the other orbital units from the Orbital Warfare Overhaul mod (this may change in the future however) the SXX still has the graphic and fire power from the mod however.

Titan units are back in the mod (bot and vehicle). The air Titan is currently on the sidelines as I'm working out where it fits in the balance of things. I'm open to suggestions and more than happy to experiment with ideas :)