Questions from an old player about current state of game

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mjshorty, September 26, 2015.

1. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Hullo, dreadnought here, I heard about Titans that came out...over a month ago, anyway I just have some questions about the current state of the game

-Is it stable? Like no game crashing glitches and can support many players over multiple planets
    -Are units more responsive/easier to control? in supcom1 and 2 units would react quickly to new commands and not get themselves killed taking 5-10 seconds to turn like the tanks/levelers in PA
    -Are there unit formations? Like having infernos in the front and artillery in the back, or multiple kinds of formations
    -Is there a better system for queuing up multiple buildings/units? Like in the supcom games you could drag buildings that were not built/building yet and you could add/reduce individual units/buildings in between a production queue
    -Any changes to Galactic War? Are there still no-win scenarios like having only land units and a mostly-water planet, making it nearly impossible to win. Is scaling difficulty better? like choosing Epic sized maps was much easier because you had more neutral planets at the beginning and AI did not scale well.

-Is modding still active? Like big mods like hotbuild2 still up to date
    -How is AI?
    -Is there still a Pro-Scene? Tournaments
    -Was that a hover tank I saw in the trailer?
  2. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Hi! I'll answer some of your questions,
    -Is it stable? pretty much.
    -Are units more responsive/easier to control? it has got better but still some issues
    -Are there unit formations? there is not a interface for formations but units seem pretty smart, infernos in the front etc
    -Is there a better system for queuing up multiple buildings/units? Nope
    -Any changes to Galactic War? Can't tell you about it.
    -Is modding still active? yes modding is healthy
    -How is AI? Not sure but I think not much of improvement there
    -Is there still a Pro-Scene? Yeah, not dead at all. I played my first tournament last week :)
    -Was that a hover tank I saw in the trailer?Yep, nice unit additions. There is also a hover ship that allows players to take the win from the sea.
    Nicb1 and mjshorty like this.
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Cover that line mod allows unit formations.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  4. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Hey! :(
  5. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

oh sorry man, in fact I haven't faced the AI much since Titans so I should have stopped at the "not sure".