You think Uber is awesome? You have no idea...

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, June 9, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

... just how awesome these guys (and gals!) are!!1eleven!1twelve! Regular visitors of this forum from the elder days (a few month BA - Before Announcement of MNC) will remember a time when there was a contest.

Like in the old tales everything started with the appearance of a mighty ancient Immortal (also known as a developer) who announced a Quest to the heroes of the realm, mere mortals, but skilled in the use of the intertube's mightiest of weapons, the Photoshop! The quest was to create a piece of art to please the Immortals and many set out, risking health and sanity, competing for the Ultimate Gift.

The competition was fierce and mighty heroes lay waste to cities and the Circle of the Earth. A demigod appeared, more skilled with the Photoshop than any other known mortal, creating a work of art so beautiful, it took away the breath of the spectators. This demigod by the name of Tiny_Puppy_Smasher however was opposed by a few fearless mere novices in the art of the Photoshop. For days they competed in a Rite of Equals until an unlikely contender managed to gain an equal number of votes! By pure luck this contender was able to wrestle victory from the hands of a much superior and more experienced artist and gained the favor of the Immortals!

A mighty, unique artifact was bestowed upon this unworthy mortal. The Immortal sent it upon its way, crossing continents, rivers, mountains and oceans until it finally arrived in an ancient city half around the world where the unlikely winner received it. Vowing to share the power and ancient knowledge contained within the artifact with his fellow men, here I finally stand and proudly present to you the Gift of the Immortals!

[​IMG]

Right now the winner has set out to take on a new task: finding a worthy vessel that can contain the pure AWESOME that he was granted (aka: I need to find a better fitting frame, preferably in a different color :D)...

I would like to thank XShadowStormX and the whole Uber team from the depth of my heart for this unique and beautiful gift, it will get a place of honor! You guys rule, I love it and I'm such a happy kitten now! Thank you!!!

(As you can see I suck incredibly at taking pictures! In my defense, I only got the camera the very day the picture was taken... =D)
  2. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

Well deserved sir. :)
  3. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I see my scrawl!
  4. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Oh wow that's great, well done!

I actually hardly realised this WAS a competition! Well, next time I see a moderator/administrator posting a thread asking for someone to design something or other, I'll give it a shot!

If only I had Photoshop though...GIMP is quite useless.
  5. Col_Jessep

Thank you all very much again!
    <3 !
    I mostly use Paint Shop Pro. They have the last version on sale on Impulse atm: http://www.impulsedriven.com/psppx2
    Or you can pick up an even older version for less if you can your hands on it, everything from version 8 or 9 on should do just fine. It has most functions you could ever wish for for private or semiprofessional use. In my opinion Photoshop is too overloaded with stuff already and I asked my boss to buy PSP for me instead because it is so much easier to use. Many Photoshop plug-ins work with PSP too (like the Nvidia .dds plug-ins for textures).
  6. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

It could have not gone to a more awesome person. Thanks for your effort and continued support ;)
  7. Col_Jessep

Thanks! It's my pleasure!

Hopefully I will have a little more time again starting next week. Our university department is celebrating the 100th anniversary on Friday and we have been pulling double shifts to get everything done on time. It's like Xmas on a larger scale: Who would have guessed it would be upon us so soon... :lol:

I'm looking forward to read through all the posts I missed lately during the weekend! Hope you are all well and MNC is making good progress. I read something about a new vid when I scanned the post! Can't wait to see it. And it's not long till E3 I think, yay!
  8. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

*is brought to his knees at the sight of the signed poster*

...I...want one...
  9. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

I recommend following to forums for contests and events we will post. We will have plenty of cool stuff that you should have a chance to win Magnus once the games launches.

But that little beauty up there - that is the only one like it for Jessep.
  10. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

I'm on the forums regularely, and quite often...there just hasn't been an opportunity since I joined (which was right after PAX east)
  11. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We're planning more forum events closer to launch, no worries. :)
  12. Col_Jessep

Sweet! I'd love to flex my Photoshop muscles again! I'll probably participate just for fun though. I have a beautiful artwork and now it's time for somebody else to win something. But I'll try to keep you guys on your toes, friendly competition makes for good results! ;)
  13. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

oh crap, I'm a terrible artist lol...but I'll do my best
  14. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

It's so beautiful *sniff*

*sniff* I'm not crying, I have something in my eyes.
  15. Col_Jessep

It can't possibly be worse than me handling that camera... xD

But imo a good idea can go a far way even when you are not good with picture editing or you are not a great artist. Just take xkcd, they never bothered with elaborate art and they make awesome comics!
  16. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Yes, but when Uber Ent. says "come up with (insert good idea)" I doubt that stick figures are what they have in mind.
  17. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

that poster is going to be worth a bucket of money in the future.

the first signed poster from a dev. house.
  18. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

TBH I'm just happy that these guys are on my XBL friends list. I'm anxious to play with them, both on MNC, and off -- thats what she said?
  19. Col_Jessep

Most likely but I'll never part with it. They would have to pry it from me dead, cold hands! :twisted:
  20. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Yes, it's truly a memorandum you'd want to keep for ages!

Unless you NEED money, of course! :p