XShadowStormX's Pro Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by XShadowStormX, August 12, 2010.

1. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Use this thread to ask questions about strategies and tactics where you feel you need some help.

Remember, these are just my pro tips and they may not be *the best ever*...or are they? :twisted:
  2. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

When using assault, do you use the charge as a mode of transportation/escape more often than as an offensive skill?
  3. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

Do you ever take bathroom breaks? or sleep?
  4. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

I tend to keep it at level 2 in order to take out assassins (that aren't custom made) and as a tool to get away to keep my streaks up.
  5. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Haha, yes to both :lol:
  6. elaeth

elaeth New Member

When playing support, do endorsements carry over to the firebase?
  7. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

Okay good, you're human. What's your endorsements for assault and sniper if you don't mind me asking.

Also, got room on your friendslist? ;)
  8. TrMako

TrMako New Member

How exactly do you use taunt to maximize it's benefits?

I hear you get extra cash for taunting, but don't know details about it. Is it just when after killing a player? Or will bots get you a little extra too? And I thought I heard something about getting juice faster by using taunt...?
  9. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

He does not, however, require food or water and is sustained purely on the cries of noobs. We're not sure what he needs the bathroom breaks for though...

If you taunt after killing a player you'll get more money from the taunt, but only if you finish the taunt. While taunting you get juice from damage you take, a minor reward for taunting in a dangerous location, though if you're getting shot mid-taunt it probably means you're about to die.
    Last edited: August 12, 2010
  10. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Standing in front of the mirror, improving his war face... ;)
  11. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Lawlz Shadow is noob! I carry himz wit PitGirl! He uses H4X to get on da leaderboards!
    Don't hurt me!!!....please.
  12. devorax

devorax Member

It's true :roll:
  13. Ronin Tetsuro

Ronin Tetsuro New Member

Or venting awesome in a built-to-spec environment.
  14. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

I will give the top level ones that I use for both of those classes as the Silver and the Bronze change from time to time:

Assault - Gold Endorsement = Skill Recharge
    Sniper - Gold Endorsement = Armor

...you can always send me a message or an invite if you see me on and I promise to play a game with whomever wants to play :) (atleast once)
  15. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

With respect, I disagree!

Assault is my favorite class and I've been pwning hard with it. The best way to play assault is by far rushing Charge 3. Assault is somewhat weak until you get it. By getting Charge 3 you will rack up the kills which means more money to fund everything else. People do not know how to play against Charge 3. I get so many kills off it.
  16. EthanCrad

EthanCrad New Member

Yes! Charge 3 gives him a grapple which is 9/10 times an instant kill or ring out! Its Amazinggggggg!
  17. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Again, Agreed. Charge 3 is always the first skill that you should be upgrading. Sadly, I do feel that the launch effect from the attack needs to be adjusted though as it should not toss an enemy quite so far. If anything in MNC is overpowered it is the Assault's level 3 Charge skill so use it while you can.
  18. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

...and with respect you are allow to disagree to all my suggestions. These pro tips work for me and I could explain more why I think level 3 charge doesn't work with better players.

I would: Dodge your charge, shot at you while grappling, throw a mine to your head, burn you, snipe you etc etc.

With the extra economy from not going to level three I would buy juice for 500 and not allow any assault near me. Better players don't always die to win button of Assault level 3 charge.
  19. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

So where do you buy Juice for 500? Again, the game has so much information that most of it is never properly disclosed. Thank you for helping in this regard.
  20. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I wasn't trying to insult you or anything. Sorry if I worded it poorly. I really just think Charge 3 is uber insane.