Xfire support

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Deman, December 17, 2010.

1. Deman

Deman New Member

I don't know if xfire does this automaticly or that you gotta request it. But if you gotta request it please request xfire for ingame support. It will bring you a little bit of advertisement and it's a great application. It's sort of msn/aim but than for ingame :)
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

IIRC they have a nice app to record ingame movies. Gotta check up on that. I could have recorded 90 minutes of the most ridiculous deaths just today...
  3. climax

climax New Member

I second this. Its really helpful and it brings a good buzz when people ask me what I'm playing and they will look into it.
  4. kurina

kurina Member

I agree with the sentiment of asking for XFire's support with adding MNC to their library, as it may help bring some additional attention to the game itself upon release.

For those who are looking for a temporary fix though, you can add the following code to the bottom of your xfire_games.ini file, and it should activate XFire within the game. I just gave it a quick test, and was able to record video and use various functions with no problem. The only thing I did not test was uploading files, as obviously I imagine that would not work for an unsupported title.

As with anything, back up your ini file before editing it, and make sure this is removed if/when proper support is added to XFire (using a random app id for now). Additionally, the ini file has a tendency to be reset from time to time, so you may have to add this back to the file often. I have to customize the ini every few days to work with the retail copy of Lost Planet 2, as it is setup for the Steam only version. A bit annoying really. :(

Code:
    [7000]
    LongName=Monday Night Combat
    ShortName=mnc
    LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\InstallPath
    LauncherExe=steam.exe
    DetectExe=SteamApps\*\monday night combat\Binaries\Win32\mnc.exe
    Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% -applaunch 45750 %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
    InGameRenderer=D3D9
    InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE
  5. podwhacker

podwhacker New Member

Still can...

Type 'demorec demoname' in the console. It records the game into small demo files. Doesn't seem to be an option to play them back yet.

I've tried 'playdemo', but I think they have to fix that.
  6. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

cant you do what i did for runescape? set status as custom, saying "playing runescape", and you can still use xfire ingame anyhow.

im sure xfire will jump on the bandwagon as popularity climbs.
  7. podwhacker

podwhacker New Member

Someone made a thread at Xfire, please show your support here. Thanks!