Xbox Patch #1 2011 - Community Bug/Exploit List

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Ian, February 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian

Ian New Member

BUGS
    • Hacked enemy turrets give kills to the enemy player who originally built it friendly fire
    • Cloaked Assassins shooting shurikens/swinging their sword
    • Certain skills not working (usually just for one life) e.g. Assassin cant use Dash
    • Sometimes teammates can burn you with jumpjets or damage you with their charge
    • The navy screen of death, caused by host connection failing, usually. Requires you to return to Dashboard. Little technique is to press Back, then Start, and Play Tutorial (Exit Game doesnt work), but not many people know this. VERY common bug, occurs on a daily basis. High priority fix.
    • Club Tags cannot be removed
    • Placing a < character in a Club Tag wipes out all latter characters, including the Gamertag
    • Players not showing up in the Recent Players list
    • As an Assassin, if I quickly switch from sword to shuriken launcher and taunt, I can still shoot shurikens during the taunt
    • Bouncers try to attack Pros that are on the 2nd floor and are clearly not within melee range. It's most obvious on Spunky since they autospawn there, but its happened on LazeRazor too. (Anyone else confirm this?)
    • Firebase lvl.3 description does not say it increases firebase health
      EXPLOITS/ISSUES
    • Game lags during the respawn counter/respawning often can get kicked from the game here
    • Tanks Jetgun is heavily affected by lag. Tip of the flames do no damage. lolirishconnections
    • Assassin lag; stutterstep, smoke bomb fails, lunge fails, turrets/firebases shooting cloaked Assassins, the range of the hurtgun on an Assassin after a Smoke Bomb, the length of time a cloaked Assassin takes damage from a Hurtgun
    • Assault insta-breaking out of ice traps by pressing the Y button. If intended, please just state so. I don't think you've commented on it, so I don't know if it's a bug or not.
    • Killing people inside their spawn room; Airstrikes under the spawn room, Flak, Juiced Mortar, deployed Tank + Jetgun..
    • Split-screen issues (Can someone list all the issues?). So far; If a player/guest dies, skill picks, or buys a turret - other player will stop firing/aiming. Constant crippling lag for guest that multiplies ten fold when main player is spawning in. I get booted from games a lot when I splitscreen as well not sure if it's only me.
    • Spaces on teams not filling (Bug or Issue?)
    • MNC causes Xbox to lock up
    • Airstrikes appearing as the wrong color (lag-related issue)
    • If a grappled enemy Pro touches the ground before theyre rung out, it counts as a suicide
    • Team mates stealing Ring Outs (fire, firebases etc.). Any way to make sure that the grappler gets awarded the Ring Out?
    • Grappling an enemy onto a vent causes a suicide by fire. Could you award the kill to the person who grappled them over the vent?
    • The Ready Up system needs work. A majority vote should speed up the countdown i.e. 4 people out of 6.
    • Shooting downed moneyball from opposite end of the base.

SUGGESTIONS/BALANCE
    • Team variation in Blitz (Icemen play Blitz, too!)
    • Redesign of Churros/Bacon. Both look similar from a distance.
      HOST MIGRATION ISSUES (A whole section for me? <3)
    • Host migration causes players to lose control of all turrets (Grrr, my 3.3 RockIts!)
    • Sometimes after migration, your gun turns the colour of the enemy team
    • On the longer migration countdowns, the teams tend to become stacked, with 6 people and one team and normally 0-2 people on the other team. When this happens, the team members tend to be messed up as well i.e. when I press the Back button, someone on my team doesn't show up on the scoreboard/someone who left the game is still there/there are 7 people on the team
    • When the host migrates before your first spawn, sometimes you spawn with $50. Can also happen mid-game.
    • Host migration sometimes kicks you to the other team (with no skills!)
    • Migration can randomly kick people when theres a large group of 11 or 12 (crappy host, much?)

MATCHMAKING ISSUES (Haters Gon Hate)
    • Matchmaking doesnt seem to follow a pattern. Often a group of un-partied-up All Stars will get put on the same team opposite a bunch of low-levels.
    • Balancing teams after one-sided games, some assessment of skill from the previous games.
    • Change Team option in Private Games lobby
    Last edited: February 11, 2011
  2. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Re: Xbox Patch 2011 - Community Bug/Exploit List

I don't see why the Suppot's level 2 passive should give him full health when it's upgraded. It doesn't increase his max health.
  3. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Killing people inside their spawn room.
  4. Ian

Ian New Member

Does it not? I thought it gave him extra health, and the bot support aura? Is it just increased health recovery?

Edit: Pewp. It's just +Health Recovery. Edited original post.
    Gunner's Mortar, Support's Airstrike, Tank's Jetgun, Flak.... Am I missing anything?
  5. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Good idea to make a list like that. I think you can probably take one thing off the list already:
    Spnky has now an additional exit that blocks the ledge. It is possible (even easier) to get on top of that exit but you are exposed. One airstrike, flak or bomb will force you off that exit or kill you. Gunners and Tanks should have no problem to keep that spot 'clean', an Assassin can easily spam shurikens there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Honestly after they wrap up the Steam launch I want them to work on new content. I am sure while they were working out bugs on the PC someone was doing the same for the 360.

Also expect the next patch to be bundled in with the DLC.
  7. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

OH MY GOD YES KILL STUTTERSTEP PLEASE

Also, lunges sometimes fail as well. Of all the Assassin bugs I don't think you listed that.
    Also, sometimes the Shuriken shoot air, but that's more of a lag situation, I think.
  8. Ian

Ian New Member

THANK YOU! I've been looking for pics/videos of these new spawn doors. If you're feeling bored sometime during the week, I'd love some more pics, from inside the spawn and also of the other maps (if they've been edited, too!). I assume there's still doors on the top floor?

Yeah, concrete shoes lunge isn't fun :(
  9. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Off topic: Jessep, why didn't you take some of that money you were sitting on and build a ****ing rocket?!

lrn2MNC! :p

On topic: Fix taunting in front of LBs.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

lrn2see old man
    He is in the enemy's base, with juice and while bots are about to damage a downed Moneyball, but why no charge 2?
  11. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Stupid me! I'm going to bed now. WAY too tired for this! Sorry Jessep.
  12. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

I would be very happy if the split-screen issues were fixed. ;)
  13. Col_Jessep

Erm, I just launched the map via console. There are no other players and I just picked the skills I needed to fly around. Getting bomb 2 was just muscle memory after the spawn... :D
  14. Ian

Ian New Member

Epic fail, Jon. Epic fail.
  15. Manouso

Manouso New Member

This. More specifically:

If a player/guest dies, skill picks, or buys a turret - other player will stop firing/aiming.
    Constant crippling lag for guest that multiplies ten fold when main player is spawning in.
    I get booted from games a lot when I splitscreen as well not sure if it's only me.

Also, why the #@$% don't I get a 6th teammate until a new lobby when spots on the other team open and get filled right away? I made and necro'd a thread about this with no answer.

Not sure if it's mnc only, but half the time I can't hear someone talking when others can.

Assassins problems can be found in many threads and needs fixing.
    @Syd - I don't think shuriken loss is lag as even on host half my clip won't register as being fired until I stop firing and wait a second after I reload again. It's like it loses sync with itself and breaks. Extremely annoying as I waste half my juice fixing my gun so I can properly hit the ball. Or if I'm under fire I just have to hop around and hope I hit the ball with the half of my clip that is working at the time.

Random host lock ups.

Some or all skills not working for a few minutes (mainly the first few lives)

Sometimes teammates can burn you with jumpjets or damage you with their charge.

Black/blue screen.

Can't think of anything else off hand other than the ones everyone else mentioned.
  16. Nova Warlord

Nova Warlord New Member

Yes manouso I've been getting the not being able to hear people thing for a while now too. I always thought it was because i joined the game in progress , but it seems pretty random.
  17. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Eka, or Scathis said splitscreeners will never host migrate.

Happens to me a lot as well.

The respawn lag happens to me when either of us die.
    I respawn he lags really bad.
    He respawns I lag really bad.
  18. Col_Jessep

Yup, the exits on the ring are still the same. I'm uploading two short 30-second clips to youtube now. It will take a while though, my upload speed isn't exactly great. In a few hours... :x
  19. Ian

Ian New Member

Good heavens, yes, the navy screen of death. Assassin's, Assault's, Support's, Sniper's, Gunner's AND Tank's Bane :(

[​IMG]
  20. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Oh yeah, and the invincible Assassin that's rooted to the ground yet can still dish out damage and eternally spinning Tank (also rooted to the ground, not sure about damage).

Those should be looked at as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.