Xbox Only Gear

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Saint Mudknot, February 14, 2011.

1. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I think with the coming knowledge of different gear, it is time we start talking about possibilities for the Xbox. Seeing as the PC version is getting quite a selections(Preseason Hero, V-Day, TF2....im sure more to come), i think it would be only proper to offer the players on the 360 something only they will have the pleasure of using. By offering 360 only gear it will give the Xbox community a lot of joy to have something exclusive only to them.

If anyone would like to brain storm any ideas, please feel free to throw some in this thread.
    KEEP THIS A GEAR BASED ONLY THREAD PLEASE

I have been thinking of what would work really...so far ive only really covered a few ideas on the assassin and will add more to this thread later.
    Heres a few ideas i came up with with some simple concepts to just show what im talking about.
    A-First the Assassin Titan gear(a knock at the Spartans in HALO)
    B-Another outfit would be interesting if she had a half mask. basically just the front covering her mouth/eyes
    Assassin Titan gear(knock off on HALO spartans)
    A[​IMG]B[​IMG]

Just a few ideas to get the ball rolling. please add any you may have :)
  2. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Whatever, I'm all for Uber actually adding something to the Xbox 360 game for once. If they decide to or whatever.
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Yes, please Uber, release some exclusive content besides their exclusive avatars and themes on the Xbox version so I won't have to read this threads EVERY @$!#&! WEEK! :lol:

Props to you Mudknot for making some suggestions and being constructive.
  4. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Thanks Jessep, im sorry you have been reading so many of these threads(and im sure the uber team has too), but im tryin to make this one a little more constructive than we have seen, ill be making some more concept designs for other characters and posting them here.

edit: BTw about the avatar stuff...i really dont care much for my avatar on xbox ;) im interested in ingame stuff. all the special items i have unlocked on my avatar are like halo helms, all the MNC stuff and random L4D RDR items lol. No avatar item has made me do like an "oooo wow"
  5. Col_Jessep

I think the Halo helmet looks nice, if Uber can get Bungie's consent to use it, that's probably the big question.

The avatars on the Xbox are really not that great, I agree with you on that one. I didn't like any of the MS ones. I prefer to make my own avatars like on Steam - which means kittens, kittens and MOAR kittens... :D
  6. Ian

Ian New Member

We've had this argument. Do I need to take out the "Bullseye in the floor" picture again? :p
  7. J Triple Dash

J Triple Dash New Member

a theme and avatar items don't make up for (a lack of) in game content.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I don't want any crossover gear or "XBox only gear." I mean I wouldn't mind if Uber did a special promotion for some gear but the idea of special gear is kind of lame, Imo. If they were to add any gear I think it should all be new MNC themed stuff. While your (Mudknot) sample A is a pretty awesome concept I just think the "Halo tie-in" is the lame part.

Although subtleties like that would be awesome. I also think Endorsement logos on the Pro's armor would fit nicely into the theme of MNC. Giving us a few placement options with different sized logos. Large = Gold, Medium = Silver, Small = Bronze. There could be 3-4 different Large spots, 4-5 Medium and 5-6 Small. Depending upon which size and location you choose other sizes and locations become disabled.

You could also tie in new Protags to this. Everyone will start with the default Endorsement logos, the more you use a certain endorsement you unlock "cooler" looking logos. You could even go as far as having them for all three endorsement ranks.
  9. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Well hey, apart from Avatars and themes, that's all well and good. But perhaps something exclusive we could actually use IN GAME would be nice? Like we're supposed to use our avatars and themes in the game?

Yes I'm sure they're all working hard on their next update for us. Heck just at least give us the Valentine's mascot? I mean they managed to change him at Christmas time, can't they at least do that?

I'm sorry, but I thought at the beginning, Uber said they'd support the Xbox version more than the PC (if it came out on PC, of course, which it did) and yet, we've had constant requests for bug fixes but I don't think an update has come out for any yet. Yes, I'm sure you've been getting pretty annoyed at everybody asking for more on the Xbox, but hey that's what we want. I'm not sure Uber actually reads this section anyway. If they did, then some bugs would have been fixed AGES ago. And this is not a personal attack or anything, I'm just saying that I didn't buy this game (actually, I DIDN'T buy this game, thank you Eka) just to get shafted.

I did happen to read that post Eka did make in the DLC thread but still, I'm not really asking for DLC at the moment. I would just like to see some small minute changes to the game SOON, just to let us know that Uber is still going to support us like they said they would from the beginning.

Heck and even if Micro$oft wants to charge, I'd pay anything to have something else in the game honestly. Now I'm going to end here, I'm sorry but that's the way I feel about this right now and quite frankly, I'm quite aware of the consequences of this post. I sincerely doubt this will actually get through to anybody. I'm just politely asking, and I'm sure the rest of the Xbox community here can agree with me, that we just need something in the game to let us know that Uber still want to actually add anything to the Xbox game, you know, even if it IS just something small that no-one would notice. Just one thing.

One solution would be to actually release Monday Night Combat as a standalone retail disc with all the PC updates on it, and then everybody's happy. I'd pay for this game again, definitely. As much as I would LOVE to buy the PC version, I'm afraid I'm stuck with a lame ol' laptop which runs games that came out (I think) before 2008 and I don't really have the money (well, I do but I'm busying spending it on more important things in my life at the moment) to get a new one. I don't even think this a rant, I just think this a personal plea and I do hope that something gets done soon. I would not like to hear it from you, Col_Jessep, I'm sorry unless you DO know that something's coming out on the Xbox version soon? I would like to hear from the developers first at least, then you can do away with me or whatever, I don't know. Like, give me a "time-out" from the forum or something?

I actually just don't get it. You'd probably think I was acting like a spoilt-brat or something, just asking for more on a small videogame. It may be time-wasting, but I'm sure as hell it isn't pointless, I'm just saying what all of the Xbox 360 players here have been thinking. And let's face it, you'd be pretty peeved too if you had an Xbox (actually, you wouldn't have the game at all if Uber weren't so damn AWESOME!) and you didn't get much.

But alas, I suppose we'll just have to make do with the Spunky Cola DLC and a few bugs. Well, it'll be just like back in 2009 with TF2.

I'm sorry, I lied earlier, I said I'd finish but I carried on like a tart anyway. I'm actually stopping here now.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Gentleman, you must no realize what is holding back all these updates, bug fixes and chances is not Uber deciding to not do it on the XBox it is Microsoft. Microsoft only allows a developer to support their game as much as Microsoft wants them to. Whether it be an Xbla title or a full retail game patches and updates and few and far between on XBox games.

So now that we know Microsoft is to blame for the lake of updates can we move along and stop assuming Uber has "forgotten" about the XBox version. Shoot for three months straight Uber supported the XBox version and now the PC version is out would you think they deserve that same dedication right now, at the early stages of the games release?
  11. Col_Jessep

Whoah, holy wall of text Gentleman! :D

Nope, I don't know any more than you guys do about the Xbox version. I do know that it is as frustrating for Uber as it is for you guys. They have a limited amount of DLCs and patches. If they would package all the new PC gear and the new design for Bullseye they would have to release it as payed DLC. That would be a really bad move for two reasons:

- You would only get a limited bunch of new stuff. That would mean wasting potentially the chance to implement other updates.
    - Uber would have to give away a small DLC for a small price. I'm not sure M$ would approve. And would be a really bad business decision for Uber.

Basically: The longer it takes, the better the next DLC will be and the more new content it will include. (Until the limited space M$ allows is used up.) The PC on the other hand is the perfect platform to test all those changes, fix bugs and add new content.

Now let's imagine for a moment you were one of the Uber devs. You read this threads about how the Xbox is being abandoned every week. However you have plans for updates! You just can't talk about them because you don't know how long it will take to release them on the Xbox thanks to M$. But those threads keep popping up constantly.
    Can you imagine how frustrating that must be?
  12. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Well actually if they DID have plans for updates, they can actually just tell us regardless of what the time of release is. Then I think nobody would moan about it because we have something to look forward to. And it doesn't even matter what it is, as long as we get SOMETHING. Or just fix bugs in small intervals, NOT add new content, just fix a few bugs. We'd be happy if they did that instead to be honest with you. I'm pretty sure Microsoft WILL allow them to fix bugs, I'm sure of it.

PS: I think they can change the palette of Bullseye anytime they want, especially around Christmas time.

I'm sorry, but I would like to something (at least one thing) in the next few months.

PPS: I'm sorry again I forgot to add one more important detail, at least add more ProTags. Even one will do. ONE!
  13. Col_Jessep

Eka already answered that. I'm too lazy to search for the quote. He told you as much as he can without getting into trouble. Uber can't tell you more! You just have to accept that.
    I have been pretty much here since day one and I don't get any more answers than you guys. I can accept that though and I don't ask for info that I know the devs can't release yet.

I'm not sure about it. Microsoft has nothing to gain from bug fixes, they don't make money. As far as I know the number of DLCs and patches for XBLA titles are very strictly regulated and limited. Uber would have to release the bug fixes as DLC. A lot of people would not want to pay for bug fixes and Uber would miss a chance to add new content. It would be bad for everybody, the players, Uber and MS.

Don't you think Uber would love to add new stuff and bug fixes to the Xbox? They just are not allowed to do it. Microsoft's rules. That's one of the reasons I'm a PC player. I hate stupid rules and there are a lot less on the PC because I own my hardware, not MS.

Now please let's get back on topic! This is about what stuff you would like to see in an update. The other topic has been discussed to death a dozen times already.
  14. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Hey if you guys are not talking about possible gear for the Xbox, take it to another thread that talks about those things.

This thread isnt about if or when Uber decides to update the game.

Its a thread about what could be a possibility to help brainstorming on there end.

Maybe people should read the OP and not pay attention to random nonsense that gets put into these forums.

Continue with ideas please