Xbox MNC far from dead!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Saint Mudknot, October 12, 2012.

1. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I jumped back on the Xbox to play some MNC lately, to be surprised that it is far from dead, the forums may have died off but the game is live and going, i was never short of a full game.
    UBER is stupid to have turned a blind eye to there only true market. I bet that Xbox has about the same amount of people playing it that Super MNC has (around 300 at peak hours) and the game is 2 years old.

It was and possibly still is the best XBLA multiplayer download available.

Why hasnt a second MNC come out for Xbox, we need to petition the UBER team and tell them take all the shiny characters they wanted to add so bad, and slap it onto a $15 download, remove the pointless jungle, and bring MNC to its former glory of being a shooter based MOBA instead of a MOBA based Shooter.

Uber Monday Night Combat: The sequel?

yes please
  2. gunked

gunked New Member

The new dashboard launched today so you might see a f2p SMNC coming to xbox :eek: dont hold your breath though :lol:
  3. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Id rather not have SMNC, the MOBA style shooter has nothing on what the game brings in regular MNC. The fun factor is changed by a long shot :
    Id like to see UBER do it but i think for the console MNC2/UltraMNC/UBERMNC would be a better route.

Lets face it, MNC wasnt ment for PC
  4. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

To be honest, is Uber even willing to go along with this? I think they're done with the 360 and anything MNC-related...

for now...

until they're in trouble...
  5. De Troll

De Troll New Member

I couldn't give 2 shits about SMNC, I'd much rather have an MNC2. They're 2 100% different games, it's like comparing Halo to Halo Wars.
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If there is one thing console players will never understand is the business side of publishing games.

You ever wonder why Indie games do TONS better on Steam than on XBIGs?

If Microsoft didn't charge an arm and a leg for the simplest of updates things could be far better for both parties, or in this case all three if you include Microshaft in the party.
  7. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

^ You wouldn't really feel a microshaft.
  8. drunken feedle

drunken feedle New Member

happy wars will do alot better on xbox then mnc in the long run. Its free and fully playable and shows what the next gen for live arcade games are heading towards. You pay to have advantages over others.

Sad gimmick which ruined gaming with dlcs and unlockable stuff found on the disk ala sf vs tekken.
  9. igotbannedagain

igotbannedagain New Member

No.

But that's definitely worth wondering about. Maybe we could discuss it over a pint of whiskey and a couple matches of PC MNC. I hear that one's making a comeback. ;)
  10. natedoggcata

natedoggcata Member

From my understanding the reason Uber hasnt updated or done anything with Xbox MNC is not because they abandoned it but because with all the updating and patching they do they cant afford it because Xbox charges for every update. Which I think is ******* stupid. You have a company that WANTS to support its game but cant because they charge up the *** to update the game? F U Microsoft.

Also even though Xbox now supports F2P games I also believe Scathis said once that SMNC on Xbox wouldnt be possible. SMNC was specifically created for PC. They cant just simply port it to Xbox. They would have to rebuild the entire game from the ground up to put it on Xbox and again.. the funds involved with that... yeah.

Maybe Uber should think about a kickstarter to create "Uber Monday Night Combat" a new MNC game for Xbox that is more like SMNC?
  11. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I hear a lot of people like Firefly.
  12. Rody

Rody New Member

I would love to come back to this game, I played like crazy back in its day. Then in 2011, I moved to Brazil and with that changed the region of my XBOX LIVE, to Brazil, and for some reason, now the game only downloads the trial version, wTF?
  13. 2wynbge

2wynbge Member

Well your first mistake was moving to Brazil, simply move back to wherever you were before so that you can once again play Monday Night Combat.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Just change your region back. Can you even read Portuguese? I have an account that's region is set to Japan just so I can have the option to downlod JP only titles and I live in the US though I can't read a damn thing at the XBox home and in the guide.
  15. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

Let it rest in piece.
  16. Rody

Rody New Member

I'm Brazilian -.-, I can read it.

I could change my region back, but then again I wouldn't be able to buy LIVE and MS Points when they have promotions in the Brazilian version.

Example: Live Brazil, some times has a sale, 3 months of XBOX LIVE for 2 dollars.

I guess I will let MNC RIP.
  17. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

No one in South America plays MNC. You'll lag terribly on NA/EU servers. Not really worth it. Use that money on something else.
  18. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

I'm happy with the way Mnc currently is, I can't say we need to have a second version as I reckon it would ruin it.

you would split the group of players up even more as I bet some people would rather stay on Mnc.
  19. baxslaperz

baxslaperz Member

I really hope that they bring some sort of new MNC game to Xbox.
  20. natedoggcata

natedoggcata Member

At the very least I hope we get the PC maps on Xbox one day