X-Box Partying Joining Etiquette?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by rudigarmc, December 3, 2010.

1. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

I have a question, I have lots of forum goers on my x-box friends list. What is the etiquette for joining existing parties. I would say I'm still relatively new to online games and always feel like a bit of an *** for just joining a party in progress if I wasn't invited. So is there an etiquette, or just join up?
  2. NataVonDoom

NataVonDoom New Member

Personally I've always hated when some random joins a party without prior notice or invitation. I think asking to join the party via message is the best way to go about it. But maybe thats just me D:
  3. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

My thoughts exactly.
  4. rhineville

rhineville Member

When I play with others in a party it's usually friends I know in real life, and when we're chatting we're reluctant to get others in on the party, even other people on our lists. I don't know why really. I hated it back when I played Halo 3 how random people would just barge right into parties, everyone would ask "who they hell is this guy talking?" and we'd play the game of finding out whose friend he was. These days if we accept a friend request from other people we set the parties to invite only. No offense to you fine folks, but I'll probably only join parties if I'm going solo.

I say if you want to get in on a party, invite someone to a party. If they wouldn't mind you dropping in they'd probably send a counter-invite, if not they might just ignore. Treat xbox parties as if they were actual parties.
  5. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

You mean those things with punch and pie I haven't been invited to in years?
  6. Shiny

Shiny New Member

Meh, its just xbox, If someone is playing a game and you want to join, i say go ahead. If it seems like they don't want you in there or they even tell you to get out, you should just leave. If they were rude about it then you can proceed to shout unfitting racial slurs at them and question their parents sexual morals before leaving, if that's what you want. But more often than not, it's best just to leave.
  7. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

But I usually shout about how their mothers have sexual encounters with people of different ethnicities in the rudest way possible as a greeting... So the effect is lost if I do it again.
  8. Shiny

Shiny New Member

Ahhhhh, then sing Lady Gaga songs till you are kicked. If anyone joined my party singing that crap i would kick them, then invite them again so i could kick them once more, just to get the point across.
  9. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

I preffer Ke$ha, is that cool?

I wake up in the morning feelin' like p-diddy
    something something something, gonna hit this city.
    brush my teeth with a bottle of jack
    something something something, I'm not coming back.
  10. Shiny

Shiny New Member

That will do nicely :D
  11. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Is it cool if I mumble half the lyrics and shout the parts I know, they will be off key cause I can't sing.

What was this thread about?
  12. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

If it's your best buddy and you talk all the time, Go ahead and join.

But if it's a random, Send a message asking if you can join. It's annoying when a new guy joins a party especially if they are not invited.

If your gonna mic spam Ke$ha prepare to be deleted from their list, Ke$ha is good but all songs are bad when being sung half-assed in a Xbox Live mic.
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I have a certain few people on my friends list that if their party is joinable I will join. For the rest, I don't like to be intrusive so I will most likely send a message or just hope for the best.
  14. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

<-------One of the people he barges in on :cool:
  15. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

my thoughts contradicted.

just join if you know your worth more than a random. i have, and i havent been kicked for "sucking" lmao...
  16. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

I'll admit it, I personally haaaate when someone jumps into a party without an invite, even if the party is open. I consider it rude to barge in, especially since I do parties so I don't have to talk to some people or be in gamechat. I feel that bursting in is a mood killer. Also I don't randomly pop into a friend's game without invite normally. If I pop in it's probably an accident. Although I do pop in randomly for certain friends who can take a joke, but I don't party crash without invite. I have like a set of rules in my mind that I consider internet etiquette and only going to a party with an invite is one of them.
  17. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I party crash anyone on Oxyteam and/or JackTrips fairly often.

Usually lock or request that the party is locked as soon as im in it. :p
  18. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I like when people join my parties (except Hudson, but don't tell him). I feel popular when people want to play with me.

Unfortunately, I almost always am playing with 3 to 4 people already, so a lot of the time it doesn't result in a game invite.

I will also party crash to figure out who I can play with. Sometimes people have notifications turned off or don't notice a message that gets sent midgame (I almost NEVER remember when someone messages me during a game). So I just pop in and nicely ask if they have room. If they don't, I leave. It's just quicker than messaging.
  19. ll TAVMAN ll

ll TAVMAN ll New Member

thats how i work
  20. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I only really just randomly pop in to friends. I've seen Hudson and Dead Stretch in open parties before, and quite a few others from the UberEntFriends list, but I feel uncomfortable just barging in. Although I did that to Scented Midget and Tom[lotsofnumbers] the other day and it resulted in hours of awesomeness.