Wrestlemanian tonight!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by feedle, April 7, 2013.

1. feedle

feedle Post Master General

Cm punk vs taker - why do i have a feeling punk is going to lose.... dont know why
    Rock vs cena- got a feeling cena might win but go bad here.. if not the rock 2-0
    brock vs tripple h... got a feeling brock is going to win cause everyone is sick of seeing tripple h on tv...

Rest of the matches.. could care less

Anyones thoughts?
  2. embox

embox Moderator Alumni

I've wiped the thread of its posts.

Next time, try not being dicks.
  3. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

People crying that wrestling's fake? Duhhhhh.

Sctipted Taker/Punk match >>>>> GSP lay n pray festivals

Triple H won. F*ck that guy.

Cena better win.
  4. feedle

undertaker won
    tripple h won
    cena won
  5. missionaryposition

Worst. WrestleMania. Ever.

I don't know why I'm still watching this shit.
  6. embox

embox Moderator Alumni

It's borderline spam in my eyes. It doesn't contribute to the conversation and it's pointing out the obvious. Yes, we know most wrestling is fake, but it's not meant to be real, it's meant to be entertaining.
  7. missionaryposition

So people did cry about it. What are they? 5 year old?
  8. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, but more of this thread is crying about crying than actual content. just saying.
  9. feedle

i posted this because i wanted to see what people thought of it and who they thought would win..

not to hear bs about people not liking it.. if you dont like it dont post about it

I've been watching wrestling since hogan beat iron sheik on saturday nights main event.

Sure i know its staged, fake, planned, etc...

but its interesting to watch, make bets, see how things progress or could have progressed.

As for wrestlemania i didnt watch it because i cant shell out 60$ to watch it by myself right now nor do i want to hang out in a bar and get drunk spending 60$ to watch it there.

Yes wrestlemania is starting to go downhill with part time main eventers who show up just to fill seats because they are having trouble selling tickets
  10. grimbar

grimbar New Member

It wouldn't go downhill as much if there were actually fights without pre-determined results and less of a price-tag on the pay-per-view.

Out of curiosity why would you bet on fixed matches?
  11. missionaryposition

WrestleMania nowadays feel like a glorified Raw.

Believe it or not, wrestling has betting lines. It's stupid.
  12. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

It's just pure entertainment and I for one love it. Haven't Seen it for years though. The Rock ,Stone Cold and HHH were the main men back when I did watch it... must be about 10 years ago now. Any of those three still going?
  13. missionaryposition

Austin retired, HHH does part time and Rock came back for money.
  14. feedle

because you dont always know the outcome...
    the wrestlers do but the fans don't
    prime example was austin vs rock ... both matches either guy could have won and this was the hype of wrestling in its prime..

almost like mike tyson vs hollyfield.. most people put their money on tyson.. what happened?

Real fights... ufc, mma, belator.. i still think some of them are staged as to who wins by paying off fighters but it happens in all sports. Even football
  15. feedle

stone cold has been doing behind the scene stuff like nxt and movies etc...
    hbk retired
    most have gone to tna impact or retired or part time...
  16. FireflyJenkins

FireflyJenkins Active Member

It's a bit more difficult for team sports, as in Wrestling or Boxing, all you have to do is tell one person to fall and persuade them and they'll do it. In american football, unless you payed off the QB, you're not gonna have that much of an effect, not to mention throwing an american football game is a lot more obvious.

Wrestling is kinda odd though, I'd be disappointed personally to get really buff just to fake it on a stage. I mean, even though it's staged, they'd probably still manhandle the average joe anyday of the week.
  17. jesus187

jesus187 New Member

Yeah even though it's fake, it takes a lot of work and afterwards some pain killers to keep the wrestlers normal. I like the really hardcore wrestling stuff though, extreemeeee!

I'm more into UFC nowadays, I like the combination of different skillsets matching up against each other. You never see showy wrestling movies here because they are worthless or illegal (piledriver) in a real fight against an MMA fighter. I hate it though that even in the UFC a good boxer can win anyday just by virtue of his lucky punch chance.
  18. missionaryposition

If a guy wanted to hit you in the face and he connects, you don't call that a "lucky punch".
  19. jesus187

jesus187 New Member

Yes but that's not what I am talking about.

UFC is all about MMA so most fighters are trained in multiple disciplines, boxers always have the advantage of getting a lucky punch out of nowhere on MMA fighters who aren't necessarily as skilled on boxing as those fighters. U can be the best wrestler, BJJ expert etc. but if your opponent is a striker he will always have that lucky punch chance.
  20. gluteusmaximums

gluteusmaximums New Member

If any good boxer could win then why was James Tony absolutely murdered?