Would you want other endorsement pickups?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Vleessjuu, February 14, 2011.

?

Should other endorsements also drop randomly?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Only if the drops were tweaked

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. No

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

Just an idea: how would you think about other endorsement drops, rather than just speed drops? I think it might be kinda neat if every endorsement could drop when you kill players, however I could also see problems with that. I would make bacon less awesome and it would promote coward tactics (i.e. not taking risks because if you die, you lose your pickups). So let me propose a few ideas:

- Every endorsement can drop just like the speed does now. Each pickup raises your endorsement level by one. Some of the drops would also give temporary boosts like the speed drop does now.

- Drops would be dependent on the class you kill. E.g. snipers drop more accuracy, Gunners more RoF and Tanks more armour endorsements.

- To prevent complete statwhoring, there should be a cap on the number of total endorsements you can pick up. Let's say that after 3-4 pickups (doesn't matter which kind, except for the juice packs obviously) the pickups only start giving temporary boosts, not permanent ones. Another possibility is that new pickups will start to replace older ones. This way you have to think about what endorsements you want to pick up, rather than just shoveling them all in.

IMO, this would also solve the problem about speed being the only endorsement that becomes useless after you've picked up speed endorsements.

So, what do you think?
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Sounds too complex for the generic user.

I like the current system
  3. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

I can understand what you mean, but I must say that the current system is a bit confusing as well. For one, it took me some time to realize that speed pickups do not just give a temporary boost but also a permanent one. Sure, you see the symbol when you pick one up, but when you're just learning the game there's so much stuff going on that not everyone is paying attention to things like that. When you just start playing, you don't even realize that there are endorsements in the game to begin with and when you unlock your first custom slot, it's not completely straightforward that there's exactly one endorsement that can also be earned from pickups.

But that's a different topic I guess. I always thought that the game could use some more in-game documentation to clarify such things.
  4. Musica

Musica New Member

to much of a "HOW THE DID HE DO THAT?" would come from this
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Overpowered. Was in development, was taken out before the game released for XBox.

If someone could PICK UP armor, they would just wipe the floor, especially in addition to their current endorsements.

[​IMG]
  6. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

Ah, okay. Kinda weird they left the speed in, then <_<. But whatever.
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I believe they felt speed to be the least gamebreaking, so leaving it in game made some kind of reward and incentive not to die. Same with juice, and juice pickups. Just something to leave the game interesting without directly increasing damage output or max health.

Speed, reload, and clip size are the only ones I could see not changing the game amazingly. Speed is by far the most fair out of those (gunner obviously benefit more than support from reload and clip). I'm fairly glad about the end result.
  8. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I think Speed is the most gamebreaking.

Have you seen Tank with 3x speed?

[​IMG]

He's nigh unstoppable.
  9. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

Indeed. In nearly every game I know, speed is the most important stat. And MNC is no different in that aspect.
  10. Musica

Musica New Member

I disagree Vleessjuu the most important stat in EVERY pvp game is Health then damage or haste/rate of fire.

If you can take more damage and deal more damage than your opponent you stand a better chance.

It would be stupid for a gunner to have amour 3 speed 3 rate of fire 3 clip size 3 juice 3 regeneration 3 if he had any skill it would take a whole team to take him down.
  11. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

Not in shooters or any game where people don't just stand in front of each other taking potshots until one of the two drops. In dynamic games like MNC, speed is always the most important because it give you the tactical advantage and allows flanking and hit-and-run strategies.

I adressed that point. In my system, you could never have more than 9 endorsement points total (gold being 3 points, silver 2 and bronze 1), just like the way it is now. Only in the current system, of those 9 endorsements points you can have, 3 of them will always be speed, which is kinda silly IMO.
  12. Musica

Musica New Member

call of duty removed Juggernaut and stopping power because they where perks that if you didn't have and someone else did you didn't stand a chance.

If you think speed is the most important than why do all the best players use at least silver amour or rate of rife on most classes?
  13. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Because you can pick up Speed and don't need to waste a slot on something that drops anyway.
  14. Musica

Musica New Member

very good point perhaps this issue should be addressed. I'm pretty new and don't know how it works but if you had speed 3 you would get no speed bonus from picking up speed on the floor?
  15. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

That is correct. Except for maybe a temporary boost. I'm not quite sure if that kicks in at speed 3 or not. There's no lasting boost, that's for sure.

Indeed, if speed would not drop in game (or if all endorsements did), I would pick the speed endorsement much more often.
  16. Musica

Musica New Member

I value speed as 3 classes support tank and gunner but i only have bronze speed on my support and now i know how the speed drops work I'm swapping to skill regen bronze.

IF they want to add more endorsements to drop I think that skill regen armor and rate of fire should be left out.

Clip size and reload speed juice etc wouldn't unbalance to much I don't think
  17. Mail

Mail New Member

Juice already drops.
  18. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Speed is good, and does allow for you to do more around the map, but doesn't actually prevent you from beating an enemy. If an enemy loses due to speed, then they sure are bad. It prevents/allows escaping at most, which in my opinion is losing if you must escape. Nobody wins a gunfight due to speed.

Also, I suggested this endorsement system just mentioned a while back. I put it in the xbox wishlist section (it's probably at the bottom by now). It was based on points, being allowed a total of 6 points. Gold was 3, silver was 2, and bronze was 1. People could set up any number of endosements that add up to 6 in the end. This way, you could have 6 bronze endorsements, 2 gold endorsements, 3 silver endorsements, 1 gold 1 silver 1 bronze, 1 gold and 3 bronze, you see the point...
  19. Musica

Musica New Member

not the endorsement

EDIT: facepalm didn't know how it worked sorry
  20. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

[​IMG]