Would you del your com if....

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bengeocth, October 31, 2014.

?

Well, would you?

1. Hell yes, By the time I take control of this planet 2 other annihilasers will be pointing at me!

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. pssshhhh I could handle all 7 off those idiots on my own

37 vote(s)
    90.2%
  1. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

(Free for All) You start on a game with 8 people and there are 3 metal planets. You scout out 5 other people on your planet at the beginning.
  2. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I dont get the point of this....
    igncom1 and stuart98 like this.
  3. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Both responses are true, how do I choose?
  4. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Squashing randoms is my favorite thing to do in FFAs. What do you want me to say?
    endurrr likes this.
  5. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

Neither, play the odds and make a teleporter to the other two worlds. Once one starts firing, walk your com through with an army and turn it into a ground war, while the planet takes care of those other problems.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Would attempt to set up catalysts snipes (laser or nukes) and orbital and land survival provisions.

Should **** turn south, would probably ball all my army up and hit the weakest other enemy, just because misery loves company. Including a com-bomb.
    reptarking likes this.
  7. wstxbb

wstxbb Member

I would play anyway, but really play it casual, like rush boom bot or something similar.
    reptarking likes this.
  8. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I played a game almost exactly like this recently. I battled on 'til the very end.

Hopefully Marshall casts it so you can see why it's how the cool kids play.
    squishypon3 and reptarking like this.
  9. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Play on till the the fat laser sings of course! it's fun to die in PA
    reptarking likes this.
  10. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

the courses and joys of being your own commander on the battlefield ....
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

you know the others will be done building their catalysts before you 5 sort it out and get to you own.

.....you know you can't win.

Yes. I'd delete my commander. Match is stillborn. GGer than GG.
  12. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

You are the first person to understand the situation. Everyone else here thinks they could have taken on the entire army with a spoon
    tatsujb likes this.
  13. tohron

tohron Active Member

I suppose one viable strategy might be to send a single orbital fabber to each of the other metal planets and build a teleporter while amassing a ton of boom bots. If they neglected defenses and you beeline for their commanders, you might manage to take them both out. Then, you could relocate to one of their metal planets and have a fighting chance.
  14. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

I would propably not have started a FFA. Those are to hectical for me. If I somehow had, this would be my tactic.

First of all: get of that crowded planet!
    If we have 5 of 8 on the same planet, whoever get's off first has the best chances from that planet. Those that stay to fight it out are only going to distract themself from the bigger picture and loose eventually. No Interplanetary game is going to get won on the starter planet.
    Meanwhile try to maintain a presence on the planet. That extra eco helps a ton building your new base.

The next part is building a nice base and not building the anni-laser, even if you got the metal planet. Whoever builds the first game ender will be primary target for everyone. Instead I would lay low* on my new base planet and prepare a winning nuke strike. Or if I still have base on the starting planet, maybe I now have enough resources to take that planet too.
    In a FFA the one who draws the least attention to himself while he builds up is propably going to win. Let the big ones slug it out. All I need to do is snipe thier commanders...

*includes not having any units in orbit. S-Move really helps to get that Astreus of the orbital radars.
  15. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Uhm, just play the devils advocate. :p

Even if just 3 of those 5 players cooperate, that's enough to wipe the other two players out of the system in time. FFA is not "I click the fastest". It's "You were a fool to trust me!"
  16. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

who the hell goes out of their way to gank a guy all the way on another planet while not even being allies with the guys on his planet???

that' only happens in magical-rainbow land man, come back down to earth.
  17. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I literally did take on an entire army with a spoon once.
    I won
  18. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

If that guy on the other planet is on a metal planet, you're damn right I'm going to go attempt to ruin his day. That leaves another metal planet with 4 people duking it out, while if that guy is alone, he probably has minimal defenses, since he's likely gearing up for Catalyst production.

Which, noone seems to be accounting for all possibilities. 8 players, 6 on one planet including you, leaving 2 others. Which means either they started alone and are going to race eachother for Cats (in which case you simply TP to the winning planet as it starts it first charge) or they're fighting amongst themselves on one. Which means the other metal planet is completely empty.

Again, how is this situation impossible?

I don't even get why you'd play an FFA if you're not willing to accept some rough if not impossible starts on occasion. In my opinion, a win from that position is just all the sweeter.
    Last edited: November 5, 2014
  19. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

1st: No reason to delete your com at the beginning of the match---if you´re in the match, you are in the match!
    2nd: FreeAlliances? If they were there you´d still got a chance to win in MetalPlanet vs. MetalPlanet! If not...
    3rd: ...I´d go for orbital as fast as possible and try to get myself on a non-metal-planet as fast as possible. If none is availible...
    ...4th: I´d try to conquer a metal planet and hope for at least three other players trying the same!
    Obscillesk likes this.