Worth it?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by bradkill, March 19, 2016.

1. bradkill

bradkill Member

Is the 13.60$ worth it for this addon? It basically makes the game 150% as expensive as it already is (wich still i dont blame UE, these graphics are rediculous)
  2. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

If you like PA and enjoy multi player games, I would say yes.
    But check out YouTube videos and decide for your self.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Yes.
    Nicb1 and n00n like this.
  4. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Ridiculous graphics??? It has extremely good textures. What you critisice is the art style, not the graphics. The fact that it is not fotorealistic doesn´t mean it has bad graphics
    Nicb1 likes this.
  5. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

I thought he meant the graphics where absurdly good.
  6. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

That word can mean two utterly different things in the same context :p
  7. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

1st Uber doesn't use the miserable engine, you can tell by the fact UE isn't plastered all over the game thus making your 150% down to about 75.33% repeating of course. Second $13.06 is well over 16.45% more efferent in price to enjoyment ratio when you compare price sales against games like SCII which forces you to pay for 300.25279% more money for three separate "addons". Thirdly, with your percent now down to about 55.26% give/take a few percents due to the conversion from the Scandinavian euro to american dollar you see that you are actually buying a economically beneficial game for the working mans RTS. So with this you are actually pay for a addon that makes you pay 12.579% more which when you take into account you are getting over 12 new units in the "addon" you are only paying ~1.364806% for every new unit, which again is quite worth.

Trust me guys I ran the #'s I am a professional.
    stuart98, devoh, pieman90 and 3 others like this.
  8. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Would definitely recommend, if you have the money to spare, pa titans is where the competitive scene and most of the ranked players dwell, and the titans are great... the atlas is so cute, it's like a lonely giant <3
    oh top of that i think the balance and new units makes the game more interesting. don't get me wrong, i miss being able to kite with grenadiers like you can in pa:classic, but i definitely think pa:titans is more fun and you can also be able to participate in tournaments etc <3
    Good luck deciding! Just know we'll be secretly judging you if you don't ;) Heh jokes <3
    n00n and devoh like this.
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

you don't get the original intent for this game without the addon. the addon is basically finished product version.

So yes
  10. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

The numbers check, but I think you didn't account for inflation. :)
    stuart98 and g0hstreaper like this.
  11. jackburton176

jackburton176 Member

Yes!, I love the multiplayer.
  12. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

Smashing planets with asteroids using a planetbusterdeathlaser and fighting over multiple planets simultaniously was already possible with vanilla ... how was that not the original intent?
  13. tatsujb

to me the feel of the whole game feels complete with titans. part of the look too. the balance is better. I dunno it's just more of a finished product.

it's a personal appreciation bar that everyone will set for themselves. for you vanilla reaches "final product" for me it doesn't.
  14. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i didn't say anything about final product ... i talked about original intent ... and in fact considering the original intent ... it's still lacking in that area for midgame .. and for me it unfortunately will continue to do so ...
  15. tatsujb

oh i definitely agree with that.

I also think that it's because of the ...."sense of urgency" provoked by some of PA's shortcomings that it just can't be vanilla to me it has to be at least titans.

I guess that's kinda the spirit I was saying this in originally.