Women and SMNC

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by onyxmizer, July 5, 2012.

1. onyxmizer

onyxmizer New Member

With the introduction of Artemis adds the 5th female into the SMNC universe. Like all the other female characters in the game, she shares the Barbie body type, complete with skin tight cloths. I just want to keep this short and sweet.

Uber does a good job by representing these women faily on the battlefield, which is helpful, and it's no secret that video games, with a few notable exceptions, pretty much put women in the role of the fighting f*** doll, or even worse, the background or damsel in distress. I have seen one avatar on the forums where it's just an animated close up of megabeths ***.

I'm not advocating changing the models of the characters as that would be time consuming. And I am aware that the school girl megabeth skin is the best selling (at one time it was anyway) but why does this continue? Making money isn't a good enough of an excuse.

Thoughts? Women of SMNC, how does this make you feel?

If this is better for SMNC general i'll post it there, too.
    Last edited: July 5, 2012
  2. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Dude, MNC is a futuristic televised deathsport in a corrupt, authoritarian society. You better f***ing believe the females are going to be oversexualized. Sex sells, and MNC is all about the capitalist money-making agenda.
  3. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

A dev said a while ago that he had a really good idea for a female Enforcer. My bet is the next time we get an Enforcer, we're gonna get her fat ***.
  4. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Didn't a chick design Megabeth?
  5. killien

killien Active Member

I don't know if this is true or not but if true it shows that not every "sexualized" woman is the result of a man's ideal

Also, I disagree that the current women are of a "Barbie body" style. Beth looks fairly on-par with physiques of women in pro sports as does GS. CG and Arte might be a bit large in the chest area, but I don't think their bodies are outside the realm of reality
  6. onyxmizer

onyxmizer New Member

It's that they are all "attractive" while there is diversity in the men (don't think gunner or tank or vet or support are "attractive" like all the women are). I know it's a cartoon and i'm not saying caricatures are bad. I'd say it was racist if they added a fat sassy black lady. Further it's skin tight cloths and the fact they ALL stand with their hip to one side. They are ALL in good shape. If their skills as fighters keep sustain them and keep them on par with the men, why is it that they have to look sexy, too?

I guess the same could be said for, can't men be pretty, too? Why do we have to be ugly and crude?

All i'm saying is that this was a good attempt on ubers part to try and make the gender field a little more equal by making the characters powerful on their own (CG's "gladiator girls" taunt is a good example of this), but it's one major misstep that I hope is looked at for the future.
    Last edited: July 5, 2012
  7. killien

killien Active Member

About the only men I consider "ugly" are Veteran(looks like he got hit by a forest of ugly trees) and Sniper(skinny little git)
    Gunner and Tank look like they're "fat" but there's concept art of Tank without his armor and he's just bulky muscle. Gunner is probably similar
  8. onyxmizer

onyxmizer New Member

So there's an old guy, a robot, a silly pudgy Italian, and a made for TV black guy beyond that

Diversity.

I guess you cant see sins face, and Artemis does have that eye thing. They're all above average attractive.
  9. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

Holy **** there's a robot pro? When did that happen?
  10. theashie

theashie Member

I'm really hoping we see Brawn Hilda, female viking enforcer.
  11. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Assassin is uglier than a tree full o' possums. Bless her heart.
  12. alitta

alitta Member

:D Female Enforcer

I don't know why, but I would love this Pro concept to be introduced :p

I think the main issue is that the male Pros all have different body styles whereas the females seem to only have one real body style, just with different clothes on. The guys range from super skinny (Sniper) to super fat (Vet). The women are all just kinda fit skinny. Not that I'm excessively bothered by this, but I do feel that it is worth noting.

I am happy that there are female Pros to play though (and more than one). It takes some games (I'm looking at you Killing Floor) years to add a woman character model...
  13. onyxmizer

onyxmizer New Member

+1 for brawnhilda and dinner lady, simply for being awesome ideas.
  14. Skelingtonking

Skelingtonking Member

so do you just want like a dyke pro with bitch bangs and a baseball bat?

a Turbo softball player of doom with meaty catcher thighs?

I like that look a little bit anyways.
  15. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Hellgirl talked about Assassin during the first MNC

Assassin is a fully clothed woman, with a shapely body because she is an ATHELTE. Shes a ninja and frail, and also doesnt have a large bust. The reason so many find her attractive is probably because
    A:Your a guy
    B:Shes a bad ***

The sexiness wasnt introduced until SMNC, with Megabeth being the prime example that you used with her School Girl outfit.

But this is a Future Deathsport. Not to many female who are, large, play sports or are athletes. The game is compiled from movies and sports we have today.

A large male is more common in sports as it is, considering the types of sports, and sport entertainment there is available.

Veteran is a wrestler, wrestling is known for having sloppy nasty people that say nasty things. Hell sumo wrestling exists and is nothing but fat guys.

Im not whatsoever saying they should not add a larger chick, but this is actually one of the few games that stears away from slutty character.

I find Artemis to be a bad ***, shes half mutated due to radiation poisoning, shes a cannibal, shes got a destructive skill set. Now because shes got a butt and bust we assume shes being sexified? last time i looked she looked like she was in a torn up dusty battle outfit.

What do you really expect to make a woman not attractive? Do you want them to be ugly?

I dont feel any of the chicks break the sexy rule besides Megabeth. Gunslinger doesnt have a sexy outfit, neither does assassin, Like i said Artemis is more action hero looking, and Combat Girl has been in the game a long time as Pit Girl, and shes basically been the only sex icon in MNC til Megabeth. And thats only as Pit Girl, CG skins arent super seductive or sexy.

How about this, you should just stop being attracted to women and it wont be such a problem, look at the full character and not the size of the chest.
  16. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

Can I see a picture of this Artemis?
  17. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

18. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaMD8ryVzOI

This looks legitimately stupid. My god, at 5:20 she doesn't even get rung out.

"Oh no, I got ejected! Good thing there are dozens of walls and barricades around me!"
  19. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

And there's regen vending machines all over the place too :lol: Can't have players dying.
    I did however like the grab skill one of the icemen had. Kinda like Scorpions 'get over here'.
  20. skullkid239

skullkid239 New Member

I don't know. maybe he's referring to gunslinger, she (or it. since we now know GS is a robot) doesn't exactly have a personality